bcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

maples

I am in Lafayette co. Mississippi. This scanner seems to work great for surrounding counties but terrible for lafayette co.....all groups in the county. It seems to pick up sheriff dispatch, most times but very rarely picks up who they are talking to. Am I missing something with Lafayette co? I just entered my zip and started listening. I am slowing trying to understand the manual but, its slow. I believe that the sheriff's dept. is in the process of changing to p25. Do I have to tell this scanner to not only scan for p25 but to also scan for reg. analog?

maples

I think I figured it out. It seems as though LCSD is using both mswin and the old and dispatch seems to be able to toggle between the two. Some LCSD cars have mswin radios and some don't. Dispatch will come thru on mswin and the old style but some deputys only come thru the old scanner. I guess for now, I will run two scanners until LCSD makes up their minds as to what system they will use.

maples

I figured it out. LCSD dispatch seems to transmit on both mswin and the old way while just some of the deputys have mswin radios. I am running both scanners mswin and the old style. I guess I will continue to run both until LCSD figures out which system they are going to use.

marksmith

Looks like the sheriff and county fire are on the p25 state system for dispatch, along with Oxford fire and Baptist Memorial EMS. This looks like probably a patch of some sort on just certain frequencies.

Other than that, Oxford, Lafayette County, etc seem to just be on their own conventional frequencies but do not appear to be on a repeater, so you might only hear half of those conversations, likely the dispatcher on base, and only very local mobile cars.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

maples

Yes, they are using a patch. I need to spend some more time studying this scanner too. There seems to be a delay from the time they key up until it comes thru the scanner. The scanner displays they have keyed up but it delays until they are thru talking and it never comes thru. I hear it on the old scanner, that's how I know. Then other times, it comes right thru with no delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.