BCD996P2 & BCD996T Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrooks14

I just received a BCD996P2 and am moving from the BCD996T. I was curious if anyone is aware of a way to still utilize the .996 file I have from my BCD996T to convert into the .rsf file for the BCD996P2. I really do not want to have to recreate my entire code plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

newatthis

Premium Subscriber
It's incredibly easy and free with freescan. Plug in the 996 and download everything including system settings. Then just plug in the 996p2 and upload the info selecting clear all on currently on radio when uploading.
You can even download a copy to what is currently on the 996p2 as an option first and store the file
If you plan to have both running you could put the 996 on com1 and the 996p2 on com2 if available

As for radio limitations, it is always a good piece of advice to check. However in going from the 996 to 996p2 there is no channel etc limitation since the newer model can handle more than the old one could. If moving huge files back the other way that would be one to check on. I have easily moved between 396, 996, 996xlt and 996P2. Only issue I had was older radios can store far less than newer but that is no surprise

Other benefit if you can make quick back up copies at will on Freescan and it's pretty fast.

good luck

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
really??????????????????????

ill bet you didnt look at the scanner type tab did you?

ifr it had teeth it would have bitten you.

rwier

I can not find even where to read the 996T with the proscan software 11.1

OK, it's a bit tricky. Download the 996T contents and save it as a 996T file. Change radios and open/new a 996P2 file, then use the DB IMPORT function. Import the 996T file, save as 996P2, and upload to the 996P2.

That's the way it works with the 996XT and the 996T. Not sure about 996P2.

jpspen

Premium Subscriber
hello everyone,need direct information on how to program a uniden bcd996t,have some software
but does not seen to work arc996 scanner very difficult to understand for first time,help
need down to earth one by one information,thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.