BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2 Stuck in S0 Built in Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lairdpg

I have programmed my BCD996P2 using Freescan Software with conventional systems and groups only so far. When I turn on the scanner, it automatically goes into a scan mode of "S0" with some built in groups or systems? Such as FRS, Racing, CB. I cannot seem to turn these off. Am I in some mode I accidentally put the scanner in? The screen shows "S0" on the fifth line to the left. S0 does not show up on my scanner as one of my programmed systems. Where do these (S0) groups come from and how do I turn them off from scanning? I have even tried to hold down the quick key for one of the systems I programmed when I turn on the scanner and the scanner still scans those built in frequencies instead. Any advice? Since I am new here, I apologize in advance for posting in this forum if this content does not belong here. -Phillip WI5O

Search keys

Where do these (S0) groups come from and how do I turn them off from scanning? I have even tried to hold down the quick key for one of the systems I programmed when I turn on the scanner and the scanner still scans those built in frequencies instead. Any advice? Since I am new here, I apologize in advance for posting in this forum if this content does not belong here. -Phillip WI5O

Delete and lockout the Service Search keys as shown below.

Attachments

• search.jpg
    search.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 248

lairdpg

BCD996P2 Stuck in Service Search Mode

Absolutely. Here is how I resolved it:

Since these were preprogrammed frequencies, so checked my manual, page 82 and went to search and scan, then went to the preprogrammed groups and locked them out. I had not enabled the quick keys for my groups in Scanner Settings (Freescan). I enabled them and uploaded the new .996 file and all worked perfect then after turning off and on.

Thank you for assisting!

WI5O

Off the top of my head, it sounds like there is a "service search" mode that is enabled in Freescan.

Go to Scanner -> Setup Scanner Options and look at the Service Search tab.

lairdpg

Done. I locked the groups out in the menu too. I did check that those entries were blank and locked out. Works perfect now. Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.