BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0BDW

bwalv,

Are you using the supplied USB cable? It'll only work with the special Uniden USB cable. A generic cable will not work.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
my computer will not find my BCD996P2 scanner using a USB connection what can I do.
Thanks
bwalv

Try power cycling the scanner. If it still doesn't work, go to the Win Device Manager and see if the port shows as working.

phask

Premium Subscriber
That is not true at all - all it IS is a generic cable.

Don't confuse it with the USB1.

bwalv,

Are you using the supplied USB cable? It'll only work with the special Uniden USB cable. A generic cable will not work.

bwalv

I downloaded the driver and the computer says it is installed. I am using ARC-XT basic software i got from scannermaster. When i click on scanner then configuration editor I can change things in the computer and send to scanner but when I try to send a system to the scanner it pops up that no scanner is connected and I am using the supplied cable

Thanks for any suggestions.
bwalv

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Last day of 2016, Mr. Gommert..... ;-)

bwalv

Thank you updating the software finally worked, I tried clicking the update button but that did nothing. Now having trouble i added a p25 system and not getting any sound at all. I am a new user so I guess I keep trying.

bwalv

bwalv

Finally got my scanner programmed and it is receiving but the audio is very hard to understand. It is a BCD996P2 scanner and a digital P25 system for Sheboygan county in Wisconsin.

Thanks
bwalv

bwalv

I think my problem is I need a better antenna than what came with my BCD996P2 it sounds better and gets more reception when i put it right by a window. Can anyone recommend a good antenna that would help me, I will need an indoor antenna, I could possibly get it up in the attic over the garage if absolutely needed. Thank you for any recommendations.

bwalv

Status
Not open for further replies.