BCD996T not picking up digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick402

We have a 996T and have it programmed as follows--bank (quick key) 1 - analog, bank 2 digital p25, bank 3 - analog-marine frequencies. We have been listening to bank 2 digital at home everything worked fine, we then went on vacation and switched it to bank 3 -analog-marine and that worked fine. When we came back home and put it back on bank 2 to listen to digital it does not pick anything up. Both analog banks work but will not pick up digital. It did this once before and we had to delete the whole digital bank and re-program. We just updated with all the latest updates and that did not help. Has anyone else run into this problem and have advice on how to correct it. Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Knowing what specific system(s) would be a huge benefit to anyone trying to help you.

WA2E

The only issue I've seen like that the control channel was locked out. I don't have a 996 so I can't test the theory. Good luck and I hope it is that simple.

Mike

mick402

What do you mean by specific systems? On bank 1 we have old fire and police andalog frequencies that are pretty much not used any more. On bank 2 - we live in Michigan and we listen to the Washtenaw County simucast. We have programmed in the control channel and the 2 alternate channels, none of the frequencies are locked out. I hope that was what you are looking for.

N8IAA

What do you mean by specific systems? On bank 1 we have old fire and police andalog frequencies that are pretty much not used any more. On bank 2 - we live in Michigan and we listen to the Washtenaw County simucast. We have programmed in the control channel and the 2 alternate channels, none of the frequencies are locked out. I hope that was what you are looking for.

Make sure the system is in P-25 standard. I had a problem when I re-imported a system to my 396XT. It was in 800 trunk mode. Wouldn't work. Changed it to P-25 and it worked.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Provided that you have a file saved of what you have in the scanner, such as a FreeScan file, you can reload the scanner after doing a complete reset. Pressing 2, 9, and Hold, then turning the scanner on may allow you to get it up and running after uploading the frequencies.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Don't know if you are listening to Ann Arbor, but their PD is mostly encrypted, and you won't hear everything going on there.
Larry

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by specific systems?

For example, a link to the database page for the system you are no longer hearing. If it is a big system, some of the specific channels you were previously hearing but aren't hearing now.

Also, if you press HOLD while scanning the system, it should hold on the control channel and display some system information. That information might help (or, if the information never appears, then you'd know you are not receiving the control channel, and that could be a clue, too).

mick402

update, I deleted everything out that was not working and re programed. everything is now back to working fine. thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.