BCD996T: Optimizing P25 Performance not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
After updating the firmware on my BCD996T scanner, I decided to try to follow the directions on Page 52 in the manual for Optimizing P25 performance. This is what I've done, and where I run into a problem:

Pressed Hold on an active digital talkgroup.
Pressed Function, then Volume, and the APCO threshold adjust mode shows up on the bottom of the display.

The manual states to wait awhile during the transmissions, and you'll see the error rate drop, and the numbers on the bottom of the screen will adjust automatically and to take a note of the stable numbers. I do not see these numbers changing at all, and my P25 system still sounds like crap.

Then the manual says if you turn the the scroll control to set the auto decode start level, the numbers at the bottom will change as well - This is not happening.

Is anyone experiencing this? Anyone know if it's just me, or is there a problem with this firmware update.

Thanks!

Viper43

This won't happen now with the new firmware, read the PDF file that was with the firmware and check out the P25 Timing towards the end of the PDF. Both are explained there.

V

Viper43

No problem. The only adjustment now is with the P25 Timing... I should have said that above :)

V

Viper43

That I can't answer, no P25 non trunked systems here to try it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.