BCD996T Usage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sc0tts0

Premium Subscriber
I just recently started using a BCD996T (I'm very new to the hobby) and have it all programmed and scanning nicely. My question is, when I put the 996 into search mode to search through a frequency band, say custom10 or custom3, how do I go back to scanning mode and stop searching custom10 or custom3? It seems like once I start a search it will just search forever, even if I turn the scanning back on.

The manual (and the easy online one) tells you about 4 million ways to search frequency bands, but neither seems to tell you how to STOP searching frequency bands. Thanks for any help!

Keith_W7KEW

You should be able to just press the Scan/Search button to switch to Scan mode. Func + Scan/Search button to use quick search or Service/Custom Search modes.

Keith_W7KEW

OK you have the custom/service search L/O off for that custom search. Press the Func then Turn the Scroll Knob to the Custom Search that has no L/O showing then tap or double tap the L/O key while the Func icon on line 1 of the LCD is displayed to L/O that custom search.

Sc0tts0

Premium Subscriber
Yep that worked! Thanks a ton for that. It was driving me nuts. I didn't realize you could lock them out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.