BCD996XT and ARC-XT Pro - recording, order of files

Status
Not open for further replies.

coder1

I'm recording on a trunked system and the frequencies within a single talk group are in the file names.

This puts all the files out of order.

I guess i can order by date modified, but I'm not sure the granularity on that since I only see HH:MM.

Is there a way to record a single talk group and have the files named so they list in order?

mibzzer15

I personally wouldn't use ARC-XT Pro for recording. I use bcTool+ (free version) for recording, and have been for 11 months now. I tried ARC-XT Pro free for a week to test the recording and compared to bcTool+, it didnt work out that great. if you are more interested in bcTool, just let me know, I would be more than happy to share how I have my 996xt setup to record and be able to find the files easily.

coder1

Thanks for the recommendation. The app looks clean.

Do I need to connect an audio cable to the input of my sound card?

Also, I notice recording was automatically on. Do you just keep it recording? or go into the options and check the box when you want to start recording.

I'd think the latter, but if they enable recording by default, it seems like they would only do that if it handled deleting stuff after a certain amount of time if you weren't interested in it.

mibzzer15

Yes you will need to have an audio cable for the scanner to the sound card, and (im sure you already have it) but you also need the serial or USB programming cable so that it can record the alpha tags and the other info. In my settings Enable recording is always on.

Status
Not open for further replies.