BCD996XT Assistance Requested for Cincinnati Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8SVG

Premium Subscriber
Just received a BCD996XT to use in the Cincinnati, Ohio Area. I am using Freescan and so far it is working out well. I am requesting assistance for the following problem:

For the Fire and EMS dispatch talkgroups that also multicast on to legacy channels for tone out and dispatch, I can not seem to receive the dispatch audio on the 996 (not the tones, just the dispatcher audio).

On the Cincinnati - Hamilton County system, Hamilton County multicasts on to legacy VHF Lo for tone out and dispatch audio. I am not able to receive this via digital talkgroup, and I know for a fact that they do multicast the dispatch audio. I do receive all of the dispatch talkgroup standard traffic, just not the dispatches.

On the Clermont County system, Clermont County, Northeast, and Union Twp all do the same as above but on to VHF Hi. Same problem, different system, and system type.

I have tried tinkering with the Status Bit option, but it has not had an effect. I have also spent 3 days combing every inch of the Freescan pages and forums. Is anyone using this scanner on these systems and have a solution or experience the same problem.

Thank you very much in advance. I apologize for not providing the links to the systems (I don't post much, and wasn't sure how to properly do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.