• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD996XT Record Out Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a stereo 1/8 3.5mm phone plug and soldered two wires to it, one to the tip and one to either the left or right channel. I don't seem to be getting any audio out of it. I stuck it into the speaker out and was able to hear audio,,, which is wierd since that jack is supposed to be mono... I am listening to the audio through a buttset. Any ideas....??? Is the record output programmable to be turned on/off? Is it truely stereo? I can't imagine that it would make any difference to swap wires on the left/right channel. if it is truely stereo there should be audio on both sides?????

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is a record tag you must put on each channel in a group, if memory serves, before audio is actually sent to the record jack. 73 Mike

Mike is right, you have to turn 'On' the record output. The jack is a stereo jack but the audio is mono and is output on both the tip and ring. You can take the audio from between the sleeve (ground) and the tip, ring or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.