BCD996XT v1.07.03 RX Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgv_tech

LRGV Radio Tech.
Database Admin
I am programming a BCD996XT. In the beginning the radio was Receiving great. Last night I uploaded an updated file and after the upload the scanner stopped working. I mean it acted completly dead. No display, nothing. I unplugged it and let it set overnight until I had more time to play with it again today. When I turnned it on today it powered up but there was no RX. I tried a factory reset, uploading the file again and I tried over-writing the firmware. I have had no success. Does anyone know of any other process I can use to get the radio to RX again with out sending it off to factory repair? I have programmed many BCD996XT Radios and this is the first time I have run into this problem.

ilgrant

I am programming a BCD996XT. In the beginning the radio was Receiving great. Last night I uploaded an updated file and after the upload the scanner stopped working. I mean it acted completly dead. No display, nothing. I unplugged it and let it set overnight until I had more time to play with it again today. When I turnned it on today it powered up but there was no RX. I tried a factory reset, uploading the file again and I tried over-writing the firmware. I have had no success. Does anyone know of any other process I can use to get the radio to RX again with out sending it off to factory repair? I have programmed many BCD996XT Radios and this is the first time I have run into this problem.

Have you performed the usual verifications (antenna is connected, coax is good, tried a different antenna, attenuation isn't turned on, etc)?

I'm assuming the updated file is a programming file with talkgroups, frequencies, etc. The first thing I would do, if possible, is to revert to the file that did work.

Are you saying the firmware was updated or you overwrote it with the same version that was in there?

rgv_tech

LRGV Radio Tech.
Database Admin
Have you performed the usual verifications (antenna is connected, coax is good, tried a different antenna, attenuation isn't turned on, etc)?

I'm assuming the updated file is a programming file with talkgroups, frequencies, etc. The first thing I would do, if possible, is to revert to the file that did work.

Are you saying the firmware was updated or you overwrote it with the same version that was in there?

I did start with a new file and no success. I overwrote the firmware with the same version just in case the FW was corrupted. I have had other radios where the FW became corrupted especially Motorola CP200's. < lol > I tried different antennas and also an IFR 500A service monitor.

Last edited:

PeterSellers

Premium Subscriber
I too am having the same problem . Bought a Refurbished off of ebay from onlinesbestdeal.. on Nov 7th 2013.. worked great for 3 days.. now does not pick up any thing at all. have replaced files with prior working files I had on Free Scan, and can not pick up any rx.

opened a case on ebay .. hope they will send me another. whats the deal?

btw how to do a factory reset ? I have version 1.07.03

SCPD

QRT
996xt

Oh great I just updated mine! Wonderful!Im not changing anything til theres a fix.So far it works.

I think its Hold+2+9 while you are turning it on <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PeterSellers

Premium Subscriber
WEATHER CHANNEL

Yes I tried weather channels. very strong signals as we know locally, and no joy at all..

they sent a replacement and it works fantastic. I am very happy with this BCD996XT now. Free Scan, makes it sooooooo easy to program, I have learned a lot in 2 months playing with this thing. and have every Frequency I need from Radio Reference.com.. Great site. I also have all the Tom Kneitel top secret gov freqs of old.. there are still a view that are still active and not on here. hit me up if you would like to see them.

scan ON .

Status
Not open for further replies.