BCDx36- Do Favorites Auto Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
When I have added items to my various favorites lists, will they auto update if items such as Talk Groups, CTCSS codes, Frequencies change? In other words, if the master database is updated, do the items in my favorites list get the changes automatically applied?

My 536HP shipped yesterday from ScannerMaster.

Thank you

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I do not believe a master database update does not do anything with Favorites Lists.

It's probably good that it does not. Some folks change the names of Systems/Sites/Departments/Channels when they create their Favorites Lists. If a database updates Favorites Lists, then this deliberate editing may be overwritten.

Having said that, it would be nice if there was some way of knowing/flagging any changes in the database or perhaps having a field within the database that shows a modification/addition date for an entry in the database. It would be a ton of work, but I think it would be helpful in the long run.

W2SJW

Database Admin
You are correct - making a favorite list creates a static 'snapshot' of parts of the database as they are at the time it's made.

Updating the database does not touch the favorite lists at all. The Sentinel software works pretty cool during intermediate updates, as you can take just a department group from the main database & add it in to a favorite list without disturbing other parts of the system (I had a chance recently to try this when fellow NJ members submitted a large update of FD & EMS TG's to the new East Brunswick, NJ P25 system).

I deleted the department group & appended just the updated one from the database, and it slotted it in right where the old one was.

Status
Not open for further replies.