Bct-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ASS

I would like to know how can I search for tone ( enc-dec ).I am running butel arc-15,I can not see through the menu how to bring it up.Thanks,Bill

captclint

Mentor
n8nqu said:
I would like to know how can I search for tone ( enc-dec ).I am running butel arc-15,I can not see through the menu how to bring it up.Thanks,Bill
In the CTCS/DCS column, enter "search". It is the first entry of the list of tones available. But if you are talking about Fire Tone Out, that's in the Configuration Editor, and you can't search for it.

Last edited:

N1ASS

capt_clint said:
In the CTCS/DCS column, enter "search". It is the first entry of the list of tones available. But if you are talking about Fire Tone Out, that's in the Configuration Editor, and you can't search for it.

I will try that,I am talking about ctcss.Thanks Bill

N1ASS

capt_clint said:
Assuming you sent the frequencies with "search" down to the scanner, you should see the tone at the end of the Alpha tag. I don't have the BC15, but so many features are common to all similar unidens. On my 246, the tone, if any, actually cuts off the last 5 characters of the Alpha tag during the transmission. If you are not seeing anything, they may not be using a PL tone. If you change some of the frequencies where you already know the PL to search, you may see how it works on your scanner.
There may be some choices for display that cause other info to show instead of PL. Perhaps someone with a BC15 can advise.

Maybe this will help,I am trying to find PL-Tones for ham radio repeaters in my area,that's why I want to do a search for PL-Tones,Thank you.Bill

captclint

Mentor
Ok, I see that your display is significantly different than my 246. Take a look at this link: http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/BCT15/bct15.html#display
The top left and right displays show the tone right after the ATT C100.0 and C 67.0 If your ham repeaters have a tone, I think you should see it there, but you should spend some time reading this section of the manual. It looks like the Tone will show up different places depending on the mode .This general link may also help: http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/BCT15/bct15.html#ctcss

Last edited:

MarkWestin

Just to make things more confusing, some Ham repeaters require a PL tone to trip the repeater, but don't transmit a PL tone on the output frequency. In this case, you would have to monitor the input frequency to capture the PL tone.

Mark

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
MarkWestin said:
Just to make things more confusing, some Ham repeaters require a PL tone to trip the repeater, but don't transmit a PL tone on the output frequency. In this case, you would have to monitor the input frequency to capture the PL tone.

Mark
I also am aware of a few that output one tone but you need a different tone to access the repeater; admittedly, they are private repeaters.

N1ASS

loumaag said:
I also am aware of a few that output one tone but you need a different tone to access the repeater; admittedly, they are private repeaters.

I am going to try to spend some time this weekend and see if I can get it to work,Thanks Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.