BCT15 and LTR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric61

I have a new problem after recently moving by BCT15 from the car to the house. I am monitoring 1 talkgroup on an LTR system and receive it without a problem. I have all the correct frequencies and LCN's for the system. The problem is, the radio stops on the system frequencies and I hear traffic that I do not want to hear. It is like the radio is scanning the frequencies in conventional mode. In fact, it will also receive conventional frequencies, I have confirmed this with an HT. I have confirmed that the system is programmed as LTR (I use the Uniden software for programming). When this happens, the second and third lines of the display both shows the frequency. The radio is in ID SCAN mode. I have thought about locking out the system frequencies, but I don't know if this would affect the LTR tracking. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas.

Additionally, we have a 996T at work that occasionally will stop on and receive a data channel or voice traffic on an channel not currently being used for data while scanning a Motorola system.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Eric,

What do you mean by "system frequencies" ? IF you mean frequencies that have data instead of voice, then either you aren't listening to an LTR system or those frequencies dont belong in there.

On LTR systems the data is sub-audible data that is transmitted along with the voice. Yous hould hear no other data on an LTR system.

Mike

Eric61 said:
I have a new problem after recently moving by BCT15 from the car to the house. I am monitoring 1 talkgroup on an LTR system and receive it without a problem. I have all the correct frequencies and LCN's for the system. The problem is, the radio stops on the system frequencies and I hear traffic that I do not want to hear. It is like the radio is scanning the frequencies in conventional mode. In fact, it will also receive conventional frequencies, I have confirmed this with an HT. I have confirmed that the system is programmed as LTR (I use the Uniden software for programming). When this happens, the second and third lines of the display both shows the frequency. The radio is in ID SCAN mode. I have thought about locking out the system frequencies, but I don't know if this would affect the LTR tracking. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas.

Additionally, we have a 996T at work that occasionally will stop on and receive a data channel or voice traffic on an channel not currently being used for data while scanning a Motorola system.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

Eric61

What I mean is that instead of the radio only receiving the talkgroup that I entered, it stops on the frequencies that I entered for the LTR system and receives voice traffic from those frequencies, just like I am scanning them in conventional mode. When it does this it does not show talkgroup info (like 1-16-010) but shows the frequency on the second and third line of the display. Sometimes when I hear the talkgroup that I entered it shows the alpha tag and talkgroup number associated with it, other times it stops on the frequency assigned as the home channel for that group and I hear it there, and the frequency is displayed on the 2nd and 3rd line of the display. All this while the radio shows to be scanning in ID SCAN mode.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.