BCT15 not receiving county trunked system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7AS

I just noticed that I haven't heard a peep out of my BCT15 today. I leave it on my local county system and noticed on the display where it should show the control channel freq, it displays NFM. I reprogramed it with BcTool and it sisn't correct the problem. Is ther something I am overlooking?

n4yek

Have you listened to the freq to verify the Control channel is still there? Some system periodically move it to another freq. Just a suggestion.

N7AS

n4yek said:
Have you listened to the freq to verify the Control channel is still there? Some system periodically move it to another freq. Just a suggestion.

No I haven't. I have the 4 control frequencies programed in that system. There is no signal bars at all. Should I make a new conventional system with all the freqs listed on the Radioreference database for that system?

n2mdk

N7AS said:
No I haven't. I have the 4 control frequencies programed in that system. There is no signal bars at all. Should I make a new conventional system with all the freqs listed on the Radioreference database for that system?

If there are no signal bars then the radio simply isn't picking up the site. Your going to have to find a site closer to you or get a better antenna system.
This is how the programming should look. A trunked system never gets set up as conventional.

Last edited:

N7AS

n2mdk said:
If there are no signal bars then the radio simply isn't picking up the site. Your going to have to find a site closer to you or get a better antenna system.
This is how the programming should look. A trunked system never gets set up as conventional.

Thanks Jerry...

I deleted the present system and sent the file you provided to the BCT15 and all is well. I may go in and edit a couple of tags for the city bus to my liking. I don't know what happened as it was working yesterday. Maybee they changed the control channels. Before I received your post, I put in all the freqs listed for all site simulcast. I only herd a data stream on one control channel, hmmm....

Anyway it works now.

BTW: I got a feed going. It's on my website SprintQ.net

Status
Not open for further replies.