BCT15 rear panel DB9 connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrubsack

I can get the front panel serial port to work with the provided adaptor cable, but when I try the rear serial port with a straight-thru cable the radio is not seen.

Do I need a null modem cable? P.46 of the manual is not too clear on this port, and they mention a null modem cable.

My straight thru serial db9 cable works for other uses, but this has me stumped. I can't find a menu option to turn on the rear connector.

Any ideas?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you are going to connect the scanner to a PC using the rear port, you need to use a null-modem cable. It is configured so that you can plug a GPS's serial cable directly into the scanner w/o an adapter.

mkrubsack

Yep, I did need a null modem cable. I went out and got one, and all works fine.

I got the BCT15, yesterday. I love it. My other scanners are two BC895XLT's and one BC245XLT. The BCT15 is a big, big improvement over those.

I am using ScanControl Full, as well as ARC15Pro to program it. Of the two, at this time I like ScanControl better.

Thanks for your help!

Mark, K6MAK.

bezking

Hey, some other options would be a null-modem adapter, or using CAT5e with DB9 ends on it (nostalgic, heh?). The CAT5e may be a better option for a longer run because you can cut the cable, put an 8P8C (RJ-45) end on it and attach the adapter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.