Bct15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew1974

Premium Subscriber
hello can any one help me i tried to get the latest firmware and now my scaner is now with a blank screen and it blinks and nothing happens even when i turn it on and off all i get is a blank screen and blinking please help

spooney

You need to try to install the update again. Using BC_Vup, be sure you follow the instructions to the letter. Sounds like you didn't unplug the power supply and hold the HOLD / RESUME button down while you plug the power back in . Hold the button down until the display stops flashing.

spooney

Have you saved all your programming on your computer so you can reset and re-install the programming?

spooney

Turn scanner off. Press and hold in 2 , 9 , HOLD keys then turn the scanner back on. Wait until ALL MEMORY is CLEARED. Then select "Yes" or "No" if you want to re-install the Factory Pre-Program List.

Andrew1974

Premium Subscriber
nothing happen the scaner when you turn it on i have a blank screen and everthing is blinking as if you were turn it on and off

spooney

Apparently you interrupted the progress of the upgrade before it was finished. Hook the program cable up again and open the BC_VUP program and locate the Update file again and try to re-start the update again. Be sure to follow the instructions closely.

n2mdk

Your only real hope is to follow the instructions exactly to get the firmware to update or send it to Uniden for them to fix the problem.

spooney

I doubt that you have shorted anything out Are you using the latest BC_VUP that is currently on Unidens Website? I have done updates successfully on several scanners and I know it can be confusing when something doesn't go right. I would contact the place where you bought it or Uniden as a last resort. If you would like to contact me, PM me your e-mail address and I will send you my phone #.

Status
Not open for further replies.