BCT15X, Audio Cut-out on Scan. Possible Cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockzhere

I was listening intently on my Bearcat BCT15x yesterday and Noticed the audio would cut out, and it seem to be the same interval every time. Went googling around and noticed i wasn't the only one having this problem. Upon reading further i noticed a connection. The Priority Scan function seem to have some kind of tie-in with the issue.

After playing around in the settings, double checking PS was OFF, and all my channels that i had PS Set to ON for, were disabled or turned off. But the problem still occurred. Then i navigated into the Priority Scan settings menu (Menu -> Priority Scan -> Interval) and noticed it was set to 3 Seconds, About the same time frame i was hearing the Audio Cut-out. I set it to the max available (10 Seconds for the 15x) and Low and behold. It changed the the interval of the problem as well.

The only thing that is bugging me is that PS is OFF and the interval of the scan is still cycling, Causing the problem. next day or two i'm going to do a backup of all my channels (I entered everything manually if you can believe that) just need to get ahold of a Serial-to-usb adapter to make it easier on me.

After that i'll do a factory reset and see if it Fixes the Problem of it still seeming to scan the priority channels even when the option is turned off, and i'll let everyone know of the Outcome!

If this has been posted, i apologize. all i could find were a few threads about people having the problem, but glanced over them and didn't see any mentions of a fix.

HelixArray

Hey there, I had the same problem too the first week I had mine. I bought a 15x around Christmas but I have been on the road so much this year I haven't really had anytime to play with it. At first I thought it was a "data burst" like they said in the manual(bct15x easier to read manual)...then I thought it was my antenna, as it would seem like it would drop the signal every few seconds but seemingly not on the repeaters..... I couldn't find any of my big antennas, all I had was a 1.75 inch "stubby" antenna(non vert-polar) besides the telescoping one it came with, same problem with both. It wasn't until I had already ordered another ST2 antenna that I crawled up in the attic and found my old one wrapped up in a towel. hahaha Well, after I hooked that giant ST2 up I knew the drop signals probably had nothing to do with my antennas.

At any rate, if your problem is similar to mine...try the close call feature. I turned it off and have been 100% fine..I'm doing all my programming manually since I listen to no complex systems. I'm still figuring out all my stuff until I hook it up to the serial port. Hell, truth be told I'm currently scanning custom searched banks because this scanner is so friggn' robust I haven't figured it out. lol Still my favorite scanner yet though. :)

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.