BCT15X Control Channel Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

howiewok

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCT15X which I programmed from RadioReference using both ProScan and FreeScan with the California Marin County MERA Database, and with both setups the Control Channel audio is all that I hear. No voice audio.

Can someone help me sort this out?

I used the same database to program my PRO-2096 and that scanner works as I would expect.

howie@howietronics.com
925-787-7848

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Sounds like the MERA system was allocated as a conventional, instead of a trunking, system

73 Mike

howiewok

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. MERA is in fact a trunking system. How it's allocated, I'm not clear. That may possibly be part of the issue. As mentioned previously it works fine with my PRO-2096 Trunking Scanner, so I would tend to expect that I am missing some obscure technical detail involved with programming the BCT15X.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Except for a couple of radio shop talk groups, every documented channel on that system is digital. You are probably hearing the undecoded digital voice traffic, not the control channel.

That system can really only be monitored with a digital scanner like the BCD996XT.

howiewok

Premium Subscriber
Oh Boy!

Thanks very much, that clears it up! I guess that I just bought an unusable scanner! <frown>

Anyone want a brand new BCT15X?

$200.00 and I'll pay shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.