BCT15X Firmware Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
I received a 'new' BCT15X this month. The firmware version is 1.03.02. (2009). The wiki site listing the latest firmware only shows 1.03.00. I was reviewing the Easier to read 15X manual, (again). I do not understand the following instruction:

"Disp. Unit ID (Requires firmware 1.04 or newer). Allows you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems.
Scroll to 'Disp. Unit ID' and press E/.
Scroll to On or Off and press E/ to save and exit."

What is this 1.04 firmware referred to?

I can not find anymore information other than the wiki firmware update page.

Do I need to update the firmware, and if I do, where are the proper intructions & what is the latest version?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to assist a 'Newbe'.

Last edited:

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, But that is the site with 1.03.00

Thanks for the response. But that is the site I mentioned going to that only lists vs 1.03. Which is the reason I asked the questions about the referral to 1.04 in Easier to Read Manual.

Tweekerbob

I concur...I believe there is a typo in the manual your are referencing. I have a BCT15x with 1.03 firmware and in the Settings menu there is an option to display UIDs. Enable that and you should be set.

Blackink

I believe when I had some confusion on items in this Easier to Read Manual for the BCT15X, the creator-Mark, told me that this manual was put together with info compiled from the BCT15X and another model, of which I can't remember what that one was.

If you'll notice on the same line that talks about the Disp. Unit ID, you'll notice at the end of the sentence it mentions APCO P25 systems which the BCT15X isn't capable of monitoring.

That tells me there's info in this manual possibly meant for other scanners(?)

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
Thank You All

Ok, erroneous entry to the manual makes sense. That is what I was left with when I could not find any newer firmware version. Thanks to all who assisted with suggestions. HAGD! Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.