• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCT15X: BCT15X/HomePatrol GPS BC-GPSK Power Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I have the Uniden BC-GPSK - GPS Cable. (And adapter cable for HP-II)

Also thinking on getting a BCT15x for a trip to try it out for Bearcat Warning System.(BWS)

Does the BC-GPSK - require Power? Is there another brand that does not require power?

Also can the BCGPSK be used with 2 scanners at once? aka HP-II and BCT15X?

If the Beartracker 885 was not so $$$ - I would just get one for the BWS and not use the CB portion.(not hookup CB antenna / mic). The 885 does not require power for its gps antenna...so its just 1 power cord.

The Uniden GPS kit requires a separate 12V cigarette lighter plug to power the GPS.

Using a FF-M DB-9 Y cable to split the GPS output to two scanners should work just fine. The RS-232 output from the scanner when GPS is connected is a constant logic 0 (~-5V) because the scanner doesn't send any data to the GPS. There is a limit to how many receivers a single RS-232 output can drive, but you should be fine with 2.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all.

Going on a roadtrip and want to test my Homepatrol II with GPS vs. a Beartracker (now leaning to try the 885 again vs. BCT15x).

I know the 885 will give me the BWS detection which I want to try. The question is as driving will I like my HP-II vs. the 885 for general scanning and updating as I drive.
(I know on this I will see the alpha naming vs. 885)

So many wired devices...LOL...
- Radar Detector
- DashCam
- GPS Puck Uniden for HP-II
- Beartracker 885 (its GPS requires no power)
====================================
- HP II - no power required - using the rechargeables...

The Desire for a Hybrid - BWS/HP2 with Alpha Characters/ Build in GPS like 885) - this would be my dream Scanner.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Jonwienke

Link was dead - I get it - a joke !

But it could exist fairly easy - they already have all the technology.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
So jealous!! That is awesome...does GPS work well - connect easily? Someone should offer that as a service...

Great looking job - real talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.