BCT15X: BCT15X question

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
KR7CQ-You are 100% correct on the "GO TO SCANNER". Only thing bad about it is no instruction manual and not a current computer cable. Anyone purchasing this MUST buy the other cable that the BCD-996P2 comes with and all the rest.

Here us the user manual for the BCT15X
BCT15X < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Regarding the cable, it does come with one. It's an RS232 serial cable which I prefer. No special drivers required, much more responsive and reliable.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I never acquired a 15x as my BCT15 has plenty more capability than I'll ever need. While I am satisfied with the newer digital units for that side of things, nothing beats the 15 for analog IMO

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
So I’m looking for something that will do good on local VFDs, I know they are not digital. Would this work good for Hardin county Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really like my BCT15x and mainly use it for railroad and air listening,as well as local fire depts. You'll be good for Hardin County.

Last edited:

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I got the scanner today, great looking scanner, my only complaint, i had already ordered and got in the usb-1 cable from scanner master, worked great, had it scanning in n o time, so I’m only scanning the Hardin County VFD’s and Texas DPS, which i think i scan on this Scanner.maybe I’m wrong, i know its not digital I don’t think? Am i wrong? Anyways, only complaint is it’ll just randomly stock on channels and make a loud static/computer kinda sound, ive heard it before I’m pretty sure, but what is it, and is there anything to stop it? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mule1075

Feed Provider
I got the scanner today, great looking scanner, my only complaint, i had already ordered and got in the usb-1 cable from scanner master, worked great, had it scanning in n o time, so I’m only scanning the Hardin County VFD’s and Texas DPS, which i think i scan on this Scanner.maybe I’m wrong, i know its not digital I don’t think? Am i wrong? Anyways, only complaint is it’ll just randomly stock on channels and make a loud static/computer kinda sound, ive heard it before I’m pretty sure, but what is it, and is there anything to stop it? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
According to the database DPS is all P25 so as you know a 15x won't work for those.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=71

Status
Not open for further replies.