BCT15X unblock frequency band

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXVX12

I am doing a project to use BCT 15X to make bug detector with the function of Close call.
I am trying to unblock the frequency bands (512-759, 824-849, 869-893, 960-1239 MHz) of BCT 15X. but could not find the way of unblocking the factory block frequency bads.

Is there any one who have the idea?

scannersnstuff

at the risk of being accused of being blunt. good luck with that one. some of those bands are blocked for a reason. one of them being the fcc mandated ecpa <electronics communications privacy act>. you would actually be commiting a federal crime for "unblocking" some of those frequencies.

KI4RDO

Silent Key
Second what pdfdems said but if you want an unblocked scanner get one made before the ban

sent from my mobile communication device

MarkWestin

I suspect that not all of the above frequencies are blocked, rather they are not implemented in this model. That is the electronic components needed to receive those frequencies are not part of the design of this radio. Many radios have no coverage in the 512-759 and 960-1239 Mhz ranges. Most so called wide band receivers will receive these frequency ranges, but the USA models will have the Cell Phone Frequencies (those 800 Mhz frequencies you have listed in your post more or less) even though there is no analog radio in use there anymore and hasn't been for at least 10 years. Unfortunately as far as I know none of the "wide-band" radios (except the Uniden BR-330T) has the close call feature. You might want to look into the Optoelectronics Scout which can interface with some of the "wide band" receivers to achieve what you are trying to do but the cost is quite high.

Mark

Bug Detector

I am doing a project to use BCT 15X to make bug detector.
Is there any one who have the idea?

First Poster - Let me see if I can save you lots of time and effort.

I tried the very same thing back in the 90's. It never really got off the ground. After weeks of development, mind-mapping, whiteboarding, fund-raising and prototyping, we set out on a Beta Test around my property.

After 3 hours, we found 2 dead cockroaches, a dead mouse, and a single green sock that went missing just before Christmas 1987. (I recovered $3.27 cents in the recliner, which defrayed development costs.)

Surely, there has to be an easier way What's bugging you?

Cookies have been cleared. They attract bugs.

Attachments

• BugDetector.jpg
    BugDetector.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,650

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
First Poster - Let me see if I can save you lots of time and effort.

I tried the very same thing back in the 90's. It never really got off the ground. After weeks of development, mind-mapping, whiteboarding, fund-raising and prototyping, we set out on a Beta Test around my property.

After 3 hours, we found 2 dead cockroaches, a dead mouse, and a single green sock that went missing just before Christmas 1987. (I recovered $3.27 cents in the recliner, which defrayed development costs.)

Surely, there has to be an easier way What's bugging you?

Cookies have been cleared. They attract bugs.
Holy crap!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I just fell off the chair laughing again. I totally missed the intended use!!!!

Are you being bugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.