• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bean bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Thaellar said:
I just heard West 1-10 fire department calling for a bean bag. Anyone know what that is?
vomit bag, as in someone is spilling the beans...
Or perhaps something to do with a haz-mat, some kind of bag that soaks up spills.
maybe that have the shotgun beans bags for people control like the cops do.

New one on me anyways.

chrismol1

Premium Subscriber
not enough chairs for people to sit down? :D
the police would call for bean bags, it probably has to do with fire department stuff

edit: ohh its in Texas, then god knows what it could be

jerk

chrismoll said:
not enough chairs for people to sit down? :D
the police would call for bean bags, it probably has to do with fire department stuff

edit: ohh its in Texas, then god knows what it could be
Man, I should have thought of that one :)
It could be a vacuum splint, they have Styrofoam beads in them, that once air is sucked out becomes hard as a rock.

They feel like a bean bag chair, albeit a small one.

bpckty1

To the best of my knowedge, bean bags used by law enforcement are used to stun the bad guys, (less than lethal force) and they are fired from shotguns. But, since the FD called for them, I don't know what they could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.