Bearcat 210XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtjr4

Hello there everyone,

I have an Uniden Bearcat 210XL. It is in really good condition, but I don't know how to get it to listen on the NOAA Weather Radio frequency band (162.550MHz... if I can recall.). Does anyone know how? Since I looked at the manual, and I didn't get it.

Thanks!
-Curt

KE5BCP

Analog Man
Hello there everyone,

I have an Uniden Bearcat 210XL. It is in really good condition, but I don't know how to get it to listen on the NOAA Weather Radio frequency band (162.550MHz... if I can recall.). Does anyone know how? Since I looked at the manual, and I didn't get it.

Thanks!
-Curt

Hi Curt, welcome to RR!

I found a copy of the .pdf owner's manual online:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/uniden/pdf/uniden-bearcat-bc210xl-owners-man.pdf

Starting on page 8 under "Programming Frequencies Into The Receiver", it looks like you'll want to press MANUAL, then the channel number you want to program this frequency into, then your local NOAA repeater frequency, then MANUAL again. Then, to go to that channel, press the channel number you chose, then MANUAL again.

Good luck!

curtjr4

Thanks for the reply. That didn't seem to work... when I pressed Manual and entered in the channel and frequency... let's say Channel 14 and 162.550... this happens...

when I press Manual, enter 14 (channel), then 192.550 (NOAA Radio), it will come up with 141.925 on the display. I can't do anything after that, except power it down. I am wondering if the unit is defective?

-Curt

GSPD

Very easy process....push the Manual button, which will allow you to step through the channels and stop at the channel number you want to enter your frequency. Enter in your frequency of 162 dot 550 and push the "E" button to enter. That's it!

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I had a 210XLT years ago and it had a WX button on the keypad to scan the weather channels. But I see by the link that the 210XL doesn't have one of those. That's a shame.

curtjr4

Well, turns out that the keypad on it is broken. I ripped it open to find out that the Styrofoam in it has completely decayed (Not that big of a deal... fixable), but the little connection point for the "Manual" key is broken... so, it's going in the trash (sad to say... but it's useless. It wont even scan anymore). I just replaced it with a RadioShack Pro-404... so far, it does what I want it to do with no problems. Thanks for all of the help with the 210XL... but it's trash now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.