BearCom Acquires Turris Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

Not trying to jam anyone up, but someone's post perfectly dovetails with what I've been hearing about Bearcom's Western Canada locations' practices. Just FYI.

iamhere300

I can say, during Harvey, and the cache equipment was Fedex lost, the Houston Bearcom shop came through in a BIG way. We talked to them in the AM, and in the afternoon, had 4-5 people from the shop out there at our staging area command post installing repeaters they loaned us on the interop channels.

They never generated a single bill. Wait, they may have, but it was for 0.00, for charging their hours and equipment internally.

As a COML, I was amazed how far they were willing to go, when the other Houston shops were trying to sell us scads of equipment, or rental radios on their trunking systems, Bearcom did us a solid.

prcguy

I've also seen some charity work from Bearcom in the past. In the early 90s I had a repeater rental business and Bearcom called asking if I could donate some free repeater air time for one of their clients they were setting up with radios for no charge. I did and it turned out to be for Bill Clinton's private security detail on his first presidential campaign in California.

In the case of a hurricane or other disaster, its very good business for a company to donate or give free service. The needy recipients will never forget and news of good deeds gets around.

I can say, during Harvey, and the cache equipment was Fedex lost, the Houston Bearcom shop came through in a BIG way. We talked to them in the AM, and in the afternoon, had 4-5 people from the shop out there at our staging area command post installing repeaters they loaned us on the interop channels.

They never generated a single bill. Wait, they may have, but it was for 0.00, for charging their hours and equipment internally.

As a COML, I was amazed how far they were willing to go, when the other Houston shops were trying to sell us scads of equipment, or rental radios on their trunking systems, Bearcom did us a solid.

RodStrong

In the case of a hurricane or other disaster, its very good business for a company to donate or give free service. The needy recipients will never forget and news of good deeds gets around.

Don't forget about the tax write-off.

iamhere300

Tax write off?

Not worth the time or trouble. People think it is such a big thing, in reality to most businesses it is not worth keeping track of.

They would also have had us document the donated time and material, instead of a 0.00 invoice for just a brief description of the services

T04KLH9PW7AN

Moto MR Engineer
Premium Subscriber
Should be removed. Not written by a Bearcom employee. Lindsay, Check your email.

allend

Premium Subscriber
One thing I have always learned and keep learning is never burn your bridge or try to minimize from doing it. I know sometimes its hard because sometimes you feel over time you get done wrong or get treated poor or lack of pay and burn out of the job.

Been there and done it. Sometimes you might be in a bad place mentally for a certain time. It happens to everyone no matter who you are.

Its a hard balancing act especially when your ego can get in the way. It seems like this world is so big but really its so small when it comes to people and your industry. Everyone knows someone in your industry and everybody is connected somehow. Then down the road this awesome job comes along out of no where and crap you burned a bridge or a reference and you have to sit back and take your punishment

elwood_blues

The sad part is that these companies are a dime a dozen. Minimal expense outlay and just barely support your customer base. Sadly, their good techs and engineers on the frontline have their hands tied because they need to survive, and they bear the brunt of the end customers dissatisfaction, while the salesman and corporate sit back and count the $$$...

Status
Not open for further replies.