Beartracker 885 sd card NYSEG

razorbak412

Premium Subscriber
Question . What category numbers is the Beartracker 885 scan ? Best I can tell is 2,3,4,14 am I missing any. I noticed there are a lot of fire frequencies on 8 . Some police on others too.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Question . What category numbers is the Beartracker 885 scan ? Best I can tell is 2,3,4,14 am I missing any. I noticed there are a lot of fire frequencies on 8 . Some police on others too.
Police/Fire/EMS/Public Works - Dispatch and any of the -Talk categories including Multi-Talk I used to have a list of what was what but I cannot find it at the moment. Any ones labeled -Tac or -Ops won't work Re: Fire-Ops, Fire-Tac. You just go through and change them to a Disptach # or a -Talk number and they will come through. I'll have to reset some again and get the actual category numbers that they fall under and will post it here.

razorbak412

Premium Subscriber
Police/Fire/EMS/Public Works - Dispatch and any of the -Talk categories including Multi-Talk I used to have a list of what was what but I cannot find it at the moment. Any ones labeled -Tac or -Ops won't work Re: Fire-Ops, Fire-Tac. You just go through and change them to a Disptach # or a -Talk number and they will come through. I'll have to reset some again and get the actual category numbers that they fall under and will post it here.
Thanks ! I’m trying to understand this better so I can move frequencies I want on and ones I don’t need off . Blows my mind how many radio frequencies there are in a small area .

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Thanks ! I’m trying to understand this better so I can move frequencies I want on and ones I don’t need off . Blows my mind how many radio frequencies there are in a small area .
Yeah there can be a lot. I did bring up the idea to one of the software creators to modify one of his programs to be able to delete/add and change the categories for these. At one time, I saw he was working on it. I've tried to reach out to him to get a beta to test for him but have not heard back. Sucks as that would of made things way easier.

razorbak412

Premium Subscriber
I been playing with the nyseg Elmira on the one file you sent . I think the talk groups are set at 0 . In my case for Elmira there are three groups 141,142, 143 . I try to change using note on windows computer and it won’t save it . IMG_2500.jpeg

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
It is better to use Excel or something of the like to edit. You'll have to open the file in there. I'm updating the file an uploading it so you can use the link I posted earlier to get it.

excel.jpg

Edit: New file uploaded

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
So I went through on a sample file and changed random talk groups to other designations and output the file so I could see the catagory numbers. Here is the list I've come up with:

Multi-Dispatch - 1
Law Dispatch - 2
Fire Dispatch - 3
EMS Dispatch - 4
Multi-Talk - 22
Law Talk - 23
Fire Talk - 24
EMS Talk - 25
Public Works (DOT) - 14

There is no way to turn off/on the Multi-Dispatch/Talk on the 885 as you can only use buttons for the Fire/EMS/Police/DOT. There is some other categories that do come in on it but the display area is blank where it would show FIRE, etc. I have yet to pinpoint which category they are under. Someday I'll mess around again with it to see what comes up under a relatively active talk group.

razorbak412

Premium Subscriber
That’s what I was doing this morning, making a spreadsheet the old fashioned pencil and graph paper. Once i get it the way I like it then put to a computer. Like how you have it . Got a feeling once my friends see my set up in truck they will want a copy of the whole thing