Beaverlodge / Edmonton & FireNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks.

Had a trip up to Beaverlodge this weekend and the scanner had quite some fun up there. Was able to pick up plenty of traffic, and even more so when we drove into Grande Prairie.

One highlight turned out to be a forrestry channel (423.xxx). First time I heard one of these in use. Copied weather broadcasts, then a Birddog callsign (who I also copied on 2 separate VHF airband frequencies at the same time). That was neat.

So the question is...is there an active forestry / FireNet channel that can be received in Edmonton?

SCPD

QRT
Hi folks.

Had a trip up to Beaverlodge this weekend and the scanner had quite some fun up there. Was able to pick up plenty of traffic, and even more so when we drove into Grande Prairie.

One highlight turned out to be a forrestry channel (423.xxx). First time I heard one of these in use. Copied weather broadcasts, then a Birddog callsign (who I also copied on 2 separate VHF airband frequencies at the same time). That was neat.

So the question is...is there an active forestry / FireNet channel that can be received in Edmonton?

I've pretty much heard just about every FireNet channel used around Edmonton. In Edmonton generally you don't hear much until some major forest or brush fire breaks out like we had this spring.

Glad you picked up on the seperate VHF airband frequenices. Very often contractors are employed and don't have the specific firenet channels programmed in thier radio so the comand post or fire boss will call out the channel name along with the frequency.

You will find frequenices used not listed on this website, happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.