Bell Fleetnet down

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Unitrunker not opening up on two of my computers for Bell Fleetnet. Control channel is silent for OPP. Anyone hear if they are experiencing radio problems?

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Listening to Skylon, Mowat, Britannia, Ballinifad, Primrose, Fonthill, King City, Whitby and Pontypool towers from Toronto right now, so I am unaware of any issues.

Davage

Here in SouthWestern Ontario (London) things just aren't right tonight. Ambulance Dispatch is using the Provincial Common frequency, and I haven't heard anything from OPP in quite some time. London Fire seems fine.

moonbounce

Try the control channel, not hearing any digital noise from it either. Instead of digital noise, it sounds like an open mike.

Here in SouthWestern Ontario (London) things just aren't right tonight. Ambulance Dispatch is using the Provincial Common frequency, and I haven't heard anything from OPP in quite some time. London Fire seems fine.

You might want to plug in the OPP repeater frequencies if they are not already in your system.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just checked both the primary and alternate frequencies for the Byron site and neither are transmitting a control channel. From a look at my PC running Trunk88 it's been down at least a couple of hours. However, if I switch over to the Ipperwash site it still shows site 18 as online. That's kinda weird...

moonbounce

Just checked both the primary and alternate frequencies for the Byron site and neither are transmitting a control channel. From a look at my PC running Trunk88 it's been down at least a couple of hours. However, if I switch over to the Ipperwash site it still shows site 18 as online. That's kinda weird...

I am wondering how they would be communicating.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just caught part of a conversation on the London Transit supervisors talkgroup... sounded like they were talking about a slow EMS response and one of the fellows said "they have lost their radio tower here and are returning to their stations to get their next calls"... something to that effect anyways.

LONWEST and OPS09 Middlesex are alive and well on the Ipperwash site... I'd imagine it'd be EMS suffering the most with the city talkgroups down. OPP cars in the county can, for the most part, likely roam to another site reasonably well (Stratford, Ipperwash, Aylmer, Wardsville etc).

The Strathroy OPP detachment is literally a stones throw out my back door so I'll keep an ear on the VR channels and see what they are saying.

moonbounce

Just caught part of a conversation on the London Transit supervisors talkgroup... sounded like they were talking about a slow EMS response and one of the fellows said "they have lost their radio tower here and are returning to their stations to get their next calls"... something to that effect anyways.

LONWEST and OPS09 Middlesex are alive and well on the Ipperwash site... I'd imagine it'd be EMS suffering the most with the city talkgroups down. OPP cars in the county can, for the most part, likely roam to another site reasonably well (Stratford, Ipperwash, Aylmer, Wardsville etc).

The Strathroy OPP detachment is literally a stones throw out my back door so I'll keep an ear on the VR channels and see what they are saying.

I don't know if it is related as i don't know a lot about their system but Bell was and maybe still having outages with internet and cell phone system all afternoon.

MB

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Shouldn't be related I wouldn't think. The sites are connected by microwave but I would imagine would also have some sort of backup (not sure on that... I'm sure someone more familiar with the infrastructure can fill in those blanks). If a site loses connectivity to the network it'll drop into site trunking mode... meaning it'll operate business as usual for the most part, but it's standalone from the rest of the sites. In this case the site seems to be down completely. And it's certainly not the time of day that a site would typically be taken down for maintenance (which usually involves shuffling everyone over to TAC talkgroups etc).

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well... it was at least. Either that or I'm not receiving it well at all here in Strathroy. Had it a minute ago, now it's gone again.

CCThomas

I am right in Byron next to Boler Mountain. Byron tower is in Summerset / Gravel Pit / Colonel Talbot north of Southdale. I can get a 4-5 bar signal in the basement with no antenna. The system went silent AGAIN. Must be Gremlins...

Status
Not open for further replies.