Belleville PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Is the P25 system in Belleville for PD encrypted? I programmed it in but don't seem to be getting any activity on it other then some encrypted sounding stuff...BUT it doesn't show as an encrypted frequency on the scanner.....just curious if anyone actively listened to this system

VA3CAF

The freq(s) and APCO25 listing as per your URL are correct.
Their footprint appears somewhat limited and I experience
a number of shadow areas only 20 Km east of their rptr.

MetalCarnage

Mike_Oxlong said:
Your link shows the frequencies as conventional. Why did you program it as trunked?

Because i programmed it as conventional and it only came in garbled when i did, so i thought that maybe it had to be programmed as a moto P25 system in order to decode P25, but of course now i dont even get garbled stuff, i get zilch now......any reason why when i programmed it conventional why it didnt come through?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
MetalCarnage said:
Because i programmed it as conventional and it only came in garbled when i did, so i thought that maybe it had to be programmed as a moto P25 system in order to decode P25, but of course now i dont even get garbled stuff, i get zilch now......any reason why when i programmed it conventional why it didnt come through?

Since they're conventional channels, changing it to a trunking system won't do any good. The scanner will be looking for a control channel which doesn't exist and you won't hear anything.

Since you haven't told us what kind of scanner you're using, it's hard to troubleshoot.

If you've got a 396/996, make sure you've got tone search turned off on those channels.

If it's an older scanner, you might need to tweak the digital settings.

Jammin_Jay

There are 2 repeaters. One in belleville, and one in oak hills, north of belleville near stirling. They both repeat the same traffic. Belleville is 142.035 p25 , and the oak hills repeater is 143.115 p25. Try both, and see if you get the same thing. They are conventional repeaters. 143.115 will simulcast the 142.035 traffic. The 143.115 repeater is to cover the stirling-rawdon township area, which is dispatched by belleville pd as well.

MetalCarnage

Mike_Oxlong said:
Since they're conventional channels, changing it to a trunking system won't do any good. The scanner will be looking for a control channel which doesn't exist and you won't hear anything.

Since you haven't told us what kind of scanner you're using, it's hard to troubleshoot.

If you've got a 396/996, make sure you've got tone search turned off on those channels.

If it's an older scanner, you might need to tweak the digital settings.

Ummm, in my post above i did mention what scanner i had :S

Problem solved though, thanks for everyones help

Status
Not open for further replies.