Beltclip for Pro-668

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
When Whistler gets done with their new website you can buy the old style or the new style like the 1088 has on it. Below are the part numbers and prices.
Non-Swivel Belt Clip ( WS1010, WS1040 ) S-BC1010 1 $5.95
Swivel Belt Clip ( WS1010, WS1040, WS1080 ) S-BCA1080 1 $9.95

trp2525

When Whistler gets done with their new website you can buy the old style or the new style like the 1088 has on it...

The belt clips are now listed on the new Whistler website: https://whistlergroup.com/collections/scanner-accessories

Also as Whistler has already posted here on RR, you can use the code "SCANNERSHIP" at checkout to receive FREE shipping on your scanner accessories until August 31st. Per the fine print of this offer: "Limit one coupon per customer. Valid on standard shipping up to $10."

CycleSycho

The belt clips are now listed on the new Whistler website: https://whistlergroup.com/collections/scanner-accessories

Also as Whistler has already posted here on RR, you can use the code "SCANNERSHIP" at checkout to receive FREE shipping on your scanner accessories until August 31st. Per the fine print of this offer: "Limit one coupon per customer. Valid on standard shipping up to $10."

:confused: Was looking at the 'swivel' beltclip accessory, how does this mount to the PRO-668 scanner? Not enough info on the site. Is it a total back (top) replacement (4 screws out, replace back, 4 screws back)? :confused:

trp2525

:confused: Was looking at the 'swivel' beltclip accessory, how does this mount to the PRO-668 scanner? Not enough info on the site. Is it a total back (top) replacement (4 screws out, replace back, 4 screws back)? :confused:

From page 11 of the Whistler WS1080 owner's manual (same scanner as the Radio Shack PRO-668) this is how you install the swivel belt clip:

"Swivel clip allows the scanner to move
with you and easily move it out of the
way without unclipping it from your
belt. To attach the Swivel clip to the
scanner; align the belt clip grooves to
the slots on the back of the scanner.
Slide the clip down until it clicks in
place. To remove the belt clip, pull
back on the small tab and slide the clip
upward."

The full owner's manual for the Whistler WS1080 can be downloaded here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1420/2702/files/WS1088_Manual_12D15.pdf

Cognomen

I bought one of the swivel belt clips from Whistler for my 668. It installs the same way the original non-swivel belt clip installs. Just slides in, and clicks into place.

melonman07

668 beltclip

Wow ! Thanks for the replies , I've placed my order. I had previously browsed their website and didnt find the accessories link. Thanks alot :)

Kevin

trp2525

...I've placed my order...
Kevin

My order for the swivel belt clip for my PRO-668 shipped from Whistler today via Priority Mail so I should have it in a few days. It appears to be a much better belt clip option compared to the standard one that comes with the PRO-668. Thankfully Whistler has these available separately for sale as Radio Shack no longer sells any replacement parts for their scanners.

If anybody is holding off ordering, you only have until August 31st to get in on the free shipping deal from Whistler. It was nice of them to offer that with the implementation of their new website.

CycleSycho

From page 11 of the Whistler WS1080 owner's manual (same scanner as the Radio Shack PRO-668) this is how you install the swivel belt clip:

"Swivel clip allows the scanner to move
with you and easily move it out of the
way without unclipping it from your
belt. To attach the Swivel clip to the
scanner; align the belt clip grooves to
the slots on the back of the scanner.
Slide the clip down until it clicks in
place. To remove the belt clip, pull
back on the small tab and slide the clip
upward."

The full owner's manual for the Whistler WS1080 can be downloaded here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1420/2702/files/WS1088_Manual_12D15.pdf

:) Thanks for the detailed reply! I did not notice the small clip was also the swivel. The fact the picture included the rear of the radio misled me somewhat. An actual picture of the complete assembly would have made it clearer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.