beofeng uv5r

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Hi I am new to this site. I have found a lot of info on these forms But not the info I need. I have been trying to communicate with my work. they wont provide me with their walkie so I decided to get my own. this is the cheapest and coolest I found. Anyway I can hear them but they can not hear me. all the managers are good with me doing this. they are using Motorola rdm2o70d side channel 7-57-7 these are the numbers that come up when you turn their walky on and off. their scan frequency is 154.6000. I also have the program cable cord but its saying radio did not respond. I also have to play with the cable to get the red light to stay on. I am thinking its a defective cable since its from china. I have tore out my hair with these radios I have drove my wife nuts with them. up till 2 am doing research trying to figure it out myself. I am ashamed that I can not figure this out myself. I am usually tech nerdy but now its time to ask the pros. please help. thanks for every ones time

Delta33

Make sure you ask them for permission to use it on their property. They have the right to ask you not to, even though its a Murs ch.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That is an amateur radio and it is not legal to use it on MURS or the business band. You need to purchase a FCC Part 95 certified MURS radio or a Part 90 certified radio if they hold a license for that frequency. I suggest you purchase the same radio as the others are using preferably from the same sales and programming source that they use.

Determine quickly whether a radio is legal to use on MURS:

If the radio is Part 95 certified and operates on MURS frequencies.
If the radio was Part 95 certified prior to November 12, 2002 and transmits no more than 2 watts, and has no external control to increase power above 2 watts and only operates wideband on the 154 MHz frequencies (all parts must be true).
If the Radio was Part 90 certified prior to November 12, 2002 and transmits no more than 2 watts and has no external control to increate power above 2 watts and does not narrowband on the 151 MHz and 154 MHz frequencies or narrowband on 151 MHz and wideband on 154 MHz frequencies (all parts must be true).

Last edited:

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
As others have mentioned, it's not legal to use that radio... But I won't belabor the fact. It's your choice

Check to see if the company radios are using Digital Code Squelch (DCS) or Continuously tone coded subaudible squelch CTCSS (Known as PL squelch on Mototola radios).

If they are using coded squelch, you'll need to program your radio with the tone or digital code that the company radios expect to hear in order to break the squelch so they can hear you.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
so what radio can I use to communicate with them that is legal to use? They don't seem to mind that I am using them because I get to my calls fast. its hard for me to hear them over that loud speaker. plus I have two of these and my co worker and I were using them tonight with out any issue but still we they could not hear us. all the managers like us having walkies but do to budget as they claim we can not have them. which is dumb considering I am maintenance and the customers safety is in my hands that's how I see it anyway.

Golay

MURS

This is a 7 channel MURS radio.
Did a little 'net search, don't appear to be programmable. It is what it is out of the package.
One site says this radio is not available to the general public, it is sold just in large bulk to specific customers.
Another site says this is a Walmart radio. Don't see anything about a pl/dpl, or see if they even come with one. Maybe someone knows Walmart's most common tones (if any) and can help the OP out.

talkpair

Key the radio, then check the displayed frequency on the LCD to make sure it's the correct transmit frequency.

If not, you most likely need to change the SHIFT DIRECTION (option 25) to OFF for simplex.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
I know the codes it 7-57-7 ill check that out thanks for the advice everyone. I shouldn't have to buy my own radios. Walmart being a major corp should give me one. I am new been there 2 months so I cant raise to much hell about this issue with them. like I said their cool with me doing it. I have learned a lot about radios I am thinking about becoming a ham operator. I have to find the time to do it though. I am 40 years old working almost a full time job and I am a student raising two kids and taking care of my wife so I don't know what free time is any more lol.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
so I checked that chart out but did not find 154.600. maybe I'm just off a little bit of their frequency? I took pics of the chart ill let you guys know if it works tonight. its my Friday every one cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.