Bergen Co. New System is starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NNJradio

Heard today from Stag Hill site Mahwah at the NY line
voice channel 471.1250 digital cc 472.325

The voice channel is a patch with the County Police channel 1
No system id on the control channel. Perhaps it's not programmed yet.

Keep an eye out for more to come.:cool::D

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
while driving up at William Paterson College i started to hear that control channel a few weeks ago - it was weak and am not hearing it much when am on Rt 4
i plug in the freq's from Justines site and thought i heard something on 470.825? but weak
and my pro-96 cant decode it? maybe its encryptic/

mrkelso

Thanks for the heads up. I am in the Teaneck area i punched it into one of my machines and will keep an ear on it.

jaymatt1978

It's the c-ounty for now and then the municipal departments have to decide. I listed the information on my website. If anyone has talkgroup information I would love to have it

radiomanNJ1

In relation to this, the county is putting up a new antenna site up near the police academy and a new building to house 911 and OEM. I wonder if the dispatching will be moved there with the completion of the new trunking system.
No system id yet so I don't think the controller is up and running.

jaymatt1978

I have i t on very good authority that the new dispatch center will be in Mahwah at the Police and Fire Academy. They are also doing some upgrades down in Hackensack which I think will be a backup dispatch center. Right now there are only PORTABLES on the system for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. The system is supposed to fully be online by about Christmas. I have mentions o-f it on my websi0te and have a page "hidden" with information.
Okl since I don't have a digital scanner, I can really use some help when the system finally goes online

luding2288

Premium Subscriber

Not more then 5 secs. after I input this into my pro-106 I got a great hit on the 471.1250. I live very close to the area and can't wait to see what the coming months bring. Glad I caught on to this post, and I will check back and keep you all posted.

NYRHKY94

I caught a traffic stop this morning on 471.125 (P25) and the ID shown by my BCD996T was 1. I was using ID Search mode. The scanner also indicated NEW for the talk group.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
I caught a traffic stop this morning on 471.125 (P25) and the ID shown by my BCD996T was 1. I was using ID Search mode. The scanner also indicated NEW for the talk group.

Same here, this afternoon. It sounds like they are patching F1 477.1625 to TGID 1, I can hear the MDC-1200 and MDC1200 is not used in APCO-25 since digital transmits the ID as part of the digital transmissions.

This is such a far cry from the days of the Midland mobiles and the add-on unit ID boards that were added to them. Wow. Congrats to Bergen County!

jvdet

like everyone else i put in those new channels and are hearing some re-broadcast of ch 1 & 9
but in the RR data base there use to be info on the system but not anymore, plus the DB has listed 800 channels and for at least 10 years but have not heard anything ?
the DB lists Ft Lee system but ask them and there is no system?

highway57

New County System

In regards to the new Bergen County Police UHF trunking system, the new dispatch center for the county police is under contruction at the Bergen County Police academy in Mahwah. As for when the system will be fully online and operational, it appears not until the end of 2010, they only have one antenna site up with the new equipment and 7 more to go, which will be phased in slowly. Right now the order containing the new portables and mobiles have been received, however the county has not set aside funds for new vehicles etc and no towns have signed onto be dispatched other than Demarest and Lodi. The law enforcement will feature communications between the county pd and possibly the pros office, which has been phasing out their radios both mobiles and portables.

Sybex7254

I know this TRS is not to be fully operational for some time, but unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it seems as if the system is no longer listed in the DB.

SCPD

QRT
Information is still listed in 2 places one is with RR and the other is with the FCC ULS. Check the links below and take your time going through the information. It will list tower sites etc. on the ULS page you find any changes or amendments to the license under the Admin Tab.
I hope this helps.

Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WPZH865 - BERGEN, COUNTY OF

FCC Callsign WPZH865 Details
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WPZH865 - BERGEN, COUNTY OF

Thanks

Ken / K2YYN

Sybex7254

Understand you can find it under the FCC section. I was just surprised that it was no longer listed (removed) under "All Truncked Radio Systems..." on the bottom of Bergen County page in the DB.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.