Bernalillo Sheriff's / Albuquerque Police Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'm sitting in ABQ now, but my SDS200 has huge issues with the error rate on Provoice, which I do not have on any P25 site, so I am assuming I have a setting incorrect, any tips

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Why I'm confused also.

Mixed mode (analog/digital) has always been done in Las Cruces EDACS, to the Hobbs former EDACS, and Bernalillo/Albuquerque EDACS.

Pro voice and esk both been a long existing thing also in play for the two, well former one.

So lost at the video point. At first I was thinking he found encryption being used but it is just mixed mode from analog to digital which is common even on p25 systems.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Why I'm confused also.

Mixed mode (analog/digital) has always been done in Las Cruces EDACS, to the Hobbs former EDACS, and Bernalillo/Albuquerque EDACS.

Pro voice and esk both been a long existing thing also in play for the two, well former one.

So lost at the video point. At first I was thinking he found encryption being used but it is just mixed mode from analog to digital which is common even on p25 systems.

i probably worded it wrong, as for audio quality i was in a pretty good spot when i recorded it, does provoice require NFM or FM was basically what i was thinking i had an issue with

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha. The 436hp does pretty well up there, non stock antenna though with latest firmware. Never had decode issue or anything else in dropping of audio.

I'd imagine the sds blows that away in comparison.

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
My 436HP does fine too. Watch the display on ABQ Fire dispatch, dispatcher is analog and unit is pro-voice. Mixed mode.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
My 436HP does fine too. Watch the display on ABQ Fire dispatch, dispatcher is analog and unit is pro-voice. Mixed mode.

not quite.
The dispatch side is simulcast on UHF in analog and on TG1 in PV.
Primary reason was UHF analog receivers in use at stations and (prior to PV capable scanners) dispatch in the clear for FOIA purposes.

If you have a PV capable scanner, lock out the UHF simulcast channel so your scanner doesnt lock up on it and you hear the entire conversation.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Huh? AFR Alarm Room TG is indeed mixed mode. Dispatch in analog and responding units digital (ProVoice).

Status
Not open for further replies.