Bernardsville PD on Somerset County P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'll change it back. With all this inclement weather lately, they might have had problems with their low-band transmitter.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
possibly. i just wonder why they would want to be on low band, when they have a county TRS system, which sounds 100% better. when they were on it, every unit sounded great.

Because without multiple sites in Bville portable coverage in building is impossible .
with the terrain. And they have some very big homes.

Old school rules especially with vehicle repeaters in use.

They would need to backfill from Morris County.

Anyone know if Pill Hill got built? I think County got a hard time from locals on that too.

magic_lantern

Perhaps SC system was busied out with all the additional radio traffic, Nothing more annoying than pushing PTT just to get a system busy and being put in the Que, and keep hitting PTT and being put further down.
Lots of complaints from the NJ psic system busying out, just think, every little town giving up their perfectly acceptable radio frequencies to join the system. This was by any NJ standard a tiny tiny storm and a 12 channel TDMA system gets busy, whats going to happen when we encounter another hurricane. these super systems are fine when the message absolutely positively doesn't matter but when it does you don't want to hear bonks and busy's on your console or in your car. if towns are forced to join due to politics and kickbacks at least keep all your old equipment for when the system fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.