Best antenna for BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringMN

Premium Subscriber
Any recoomendations for the best antenna indoor and outdoor for Uniden BCD536HP? Thanks for the anticipated help. I really appreciated.
Notes: 50 miles range (aver or more). Live in the country, close to the city. MN. For trunkated Systems (MN Armor), newbie user.

joeuser

The Wretched
Any recoomendations for the best antenna indoor and outdoor for Uniden BCD536HP? Thanks for the anticipated help. I really appreciated.
Notes: 50 miles range (aver or more). Live in the country, close to the city. MN. For trunkated Systems (MN Armor), newbie user.

Well you couldn't use both at the same time, & all things be equal outside will trump inside. The higher you get the antenna the better you will receive. If you want to monitor a TRS consider a Yagi type!

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I have used the Diamond Discone on scanners for many years with excellent results. A decent, quality feed line (coax) also makes a big difference as well. For scanners, I use Times Microwave LMR-400 with silver plated N-connectors. Note: the Diamond Discone antenna comes in either a SO-239 or N-Female connector, to avoid using an adapter outdoors, I would suggest ordering the one with your preferred connectors on it and then install the correct connectors on the feedline as well. N-connectors are very easy to install and standup to the elements very well.

For mobile type antennas on a magnet mount, you can't beat the Larsen tri-band scanner antenna with an quality NMO mount. It's about 20" long and is great for everything from 50-1200 MHz; though spec'd for 150/450/800. It's all I use mobile...

SpringMN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone.. We do not have any space constrains and I know I could figure it out something to make it as high as we need. Joeuser I will be checking on the Yagi Type.. TSR is exactly what I want to be able to monitor. W2GLD thanks great information as well. Few things I did not considered such the correct connectors or cable used to get a sharper feed.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Since the thread is about an antenna for a scanner, the thread has been moved to the Scanner/Receiver Antenna forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.