• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Best CloseCall / Signal Stalker hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good ones where you weren't actively pursuing the frequency of a certain agency or entity and you just happened to get a hit?

For example, I get CC hits on the FBI every now & then...at home in my apartment nowhere near the FBI's headquarters (and I'm guessing tower) here in Chicago. Comms are encrypted so that ruins the fun, but still interesting nonetheless. Then there's the usual cordless phone once in a while.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Close-call.

I have tried it several times on several different scanners, Whether they are radio-shack or uniden, I had particularly good luck with the pro-83.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I guess now that the scanner is out (and has been for a long time) I can post this: My buddy was lucky enough to be chosen to beta the SC230 scanner and he was showing it to me on the hush-hush. This was my first experience with close call. We were driving around in his car when a "stealth" DPS car (marked but no light bar so it's hard to see when behind you at night - until they nail ya) lit up a car ahead of us. As we drove by, we heard the officer go code 6 on the car via the close call - the scanner didn't have anything programmed in it yet, as we specifically just wanted to test the close call feature. We both looked at each other and said "AWESOME!" which I'm sure had the cop scratching his head a bit if he saw/heard us, LOL :)

-AZ

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
Traffic Helo this morning (occasional but rare "regular" hit on my drive in). Always interesting listening between the broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.