AR-DV1 best dealer to buy to assure latest hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
AR-DV1, best dealer to buy from to assure latest hardware?

I'm considering an AR-DV1. Who is the best dealer to buy from to assure I'm getting the latest hardware revisions (if there were/are any), not just firmware? I'm in S.E. Michigan (Macomb County), so I've been considering Universal Radio in Ohio.

Last edited:

MStep

I'm considering an AR-DV1. Who is the best dealer to buy from to assure I'm getting the latest hardware revisions (if there were/are any), not just firmware? I'm in S.E. Michigan (Macomb County), so I've been considering Universal Radio in Ohio.

My impression (unconfirmed info) is that many AOR dealers do not stock the DV1 on a regular basis and that units are dropped shipped from the AOR facility in Torrance CA. A quick call to Universal Radio (that's where I got my DV1 several years ago) should be able to confirm this.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
My impression (unconfirmed info) is that many AOR dealers do not stock the DV1 on a regular basis and that units are dropped shipped from the AOR facility in Torrance CA. A quick call to Universal Radio (that's where I got my DV1 several years ago) should be able to confirm this.

I was thinking along those lines. Something that expensive that is not a fast mover would not be a desirable item to keep in stock. I'll give them a call in the morning.

I've been reading all the related posts in the forum, yours in particular and they've given me motivation and confidence to move forward on purchasing one. Thank you, as well as all the others who've shared their opinions and experiences as well!

flythunderbird

Feed Provider

Universal's site states that the unit is special-order/not eligible for return or refund and all issues are to be handled directly with AOR ... so it would appear that it's a direct shipment from AOR.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Universal's site states that the unit is special-order/not eligible for return or refund and all issues are to be handled directly with AOR ... so it would appear that it's a direct shipment from AOR.

I see that now, thanks. I guess with something this complicated and on-going development, that makes sense.

DeepBlue

Yes, at least for Universal, no AOR radios are actually kept on hand. Occasionally there is a used one but you can see that by checking their used list off the web page. AOR is drop shipped from AOR. Universal does have accessories on hand however.

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.