Best PCR-1000 Software Today ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixieboyfl

I bought a nice used PCR-1000 and it came with a Bonito 4.5 CD but my drive won't recognize the CD or the Program.

Can ayone tell me where to get the latest Bonito, TalkPCR, or TrunkPCR softwares ?

I tried the UK Site for TalkPCR but it has been down for days.

Is there something even better now for the PCR Radios?

Thanks in Advance,

Mike - FL

Last edited:

dixieboyfl

Thanks but each and every file there had some issue, even the updated 2.99D. Couldn't get the reg.info to work and each time I hit a key on the keyboard, got an error message.

Also at startup, it lists several files missing.

I did get it to find my PCR-1000 but only mouse commands work.

Thanks Anyway,

Mike

CharlesDom

Are you sure it's not a problem with your PC? What version of Windows are you running? If it's Vista, then there might be some driver or .dll file problems. In most cases, there shouldn't be a problem for your PC to read CD's, let alone the other files that you mentioned. Maybe try the CD on another PC and see if it also has problems.

Good Luck,

dixieboyfl said:
Thanks but each and every file there had some issue, even the updated 2.99D. Couldn't get the reg.info to work and each time I hit a key on the keyboard, got an error message.

Also at startup, it lists several files missing.

I did get it to find my PCR-1000 but only mouse commands work.

Thanks Anyway,

Mike

dixieboyfl

CD Reader Problem

Thanks for the info but I have tried it on 3 different computers and none of them are able to read the CD. It must be damaged or something.

I have the factory install code if anyone happens to have a spare "backup" of Bontio Radiocom 4.5......

Thanks,

Mike

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I recommend PCRPRO for conventional scanning, and TRUNKPCR for TRUNKING EDACS and Motorola systems.
Talk PCR has not been supported in a very long time.
The Author of PCR PRO and TRUNKPCR is constantly on top of the programming, plus both programs are well written and the author (crazy california is also on radioreference.com) and listens to folks when problems need fixed or improvements are needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.