Beverly Hills Finally on ICIS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredwrx

Starting this past Friday, the BH PD (and I believe FD) channel has been quiet.

This morning, I heard what sounded like their Radio Tech testing, and I heard mention of attempting to setup a "patch" between "channels."

This evening, I heard LAPD Air Unit come up on the conventional channel, and the Dispatcher advised she would need to relay information because they BHPD was using "Blue 5 encrypted."

As soon as the LAPD Airship announced on scene, a BHPD unit supervisor came up on frequency to communicate with the airship, so the channel appears to be working normally.

I have tried to monitor the BH cell, but I am just over the hill on the Valley side, just below Mulholland, and none of the listed freqs for their site appear to be active.

Anyone in the know able to confirm the official change.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
Yes PD has been using Blue5 for about a week and it is encrypted. I believe that is temporary maybe for testing with there new apx radios but I don't know. Blue11 is still active for parking units and fire ch1 analog is used for fire dispatch.

wiredwrx

Thanks. I always thought it was ironic that Moto used BHPD for an APX8000 cammercial, but that they were still using XTS5000. Will probably be in BH this weekend, I will look out for PD and see if they have been issued APXs.

I wonder why I can't receive the BH cell. Their analog comes in loud and clear where I am, but nothing from the trunked system.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I always thought it was ironic that Moto used BHPD for an APX8000 cammercial, but that they were still using XTS5000. Will probably be in BH this weekend, I will look out for PD and see if they have been issued APXs.

I wonder why I can't receive the BH cell. Their analog comes in loud and clear where I am, but nothing from the trunked system.

Most likely the BH cell is not operational right now. It show a block of frequencies but since BH is mostly or all encrypted then nobody really tries and document the system. Most likely if they are or have gone to the APX radios they might just be running in conventional mode for their city right now.

If you are not hearing the CC channel then we all assume that the ICIS sytem for BH is not working

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
Most likely the BH cell is not operational right now. It show a block of frequencies but since BH is mostly or all encrypted then nobody really tries and document the system. Most likely if they are or have gone to the APX radios they might just be running in conventional mode for their city right now.

If you are not hearing the CC channel then we all assume that the ICIS sytem for BH is not working

There CC Channel is working and my scanner does recognize the encrypted activity on the talkgroup. However they switched back to Blu1 (analog) about an hour ago :)

wiredwrx

So today, decided to bring my radio up to my 18 floor office in the K-Town area. Had no problem receiving the CC form the BH cell around lunch time. On the drive home at 7pm, I noticed that BH was back on analog. Checked for CC activity when I got home, and received nothing. I will try again tomorrow from my office. I guess it's possible I can't receive the cell at home, but that would mean the cell has absolutely crappy coverage, significantly inferior to their analog system. I wonder if they are testing right now, and realize how poor the coverage is, and will remain analog for at least a while.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
ICIS coverage is just fine.

Remember BH has no need for some site that blast across all of LA, as ICIS has multiple other sites users can affiliate with if outside the immediate BH area.

Nearby there is Culver City, soon Santa Monica and the Pasadena site which due to its location ends up covering much of the LA basin anyhow.

Also remember, ICIS is growingly duplicating frequencies (the SGV site for example will soon get currently used pairs) so the emission strength need to be managed, As perfect example is the future Santa Monica site which will be lower power and have a fraction of the coverage area the current SMPD frequencies reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.