Big Pursuit Early This Morning (Columbus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Wow, I was up listening to my scanner in bed last night at around 3:00 AM, and Zone 5 was looking for a tan crown vic that was firing shots from the car. Well they spotted the car on I-71 Southbound and he exited onto Broad, blowing through red lights, everything. Eventually he made his way onto I-270, then to SR-104, and baack onto I-71 again. The chopper reported him going at least 100 MPH and trying to hit cruisers. They tried to hit him with spike strips and missed twice.

They then chased him into Madison County, and they missed him with the spikes 3 times also, and that's pretty much all I listened to. It moved out of my listening range.

Did anyone else hear this? I'm kind of exited since this is the biggest chase I have ever listened to. :)

Last edited:

mmartinfan

Banned
Bummer should have switched to OSP & LEERN. I bet you could have been listening then. See why a digital scanner would be useful!

my 796 is for sale. All set up for central ohio!

jeffy

chase

saw it on the Cols. news this morning. Guess I'm not the only up at three sometimes listening to a scanner.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
mmartinfan said:
Bummer should have switched to OSP & LEERN. I bet you could have been listening then. See why a digital scanner would be useful!

my 796 is for sale. All set up for central ohio!
I was listening on LEERN, but after the chase was getting far into Madison County, the Columbus Units returned back to the city, and let OSP handle it. And you're right, I need a digital scanner! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.