• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

1991fxrc

Premium Subscriber
Hello ! Hopefully someone can answer a question about the Pro 197 model. I live in Queen Anne's Co., Md. and about 3 yrs. ago, the Upper Md. Eastern Shore Consortium underwent re-banding, I corrected the scanner with Arc 500 software, which worked fine. Lately, 'I've noticed no activity on the scanner, ( both of them ), so I'm speculating another re-band has taken place. My question is simple.: would the Arc 500 software work again ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

It would appear that Queen Anne's County switched to First Responders Interoperable Radio System Team (FIRST) Trunking System on October 18th. You can find the discussion on the http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...n-forum/231503-maryland-first-700mhz-trs.html topic on the last few pages.

Unfortunately you will need to purchase a brand new scanner if the database is correct. The new talkgroups listed in the database are marked TDMA, also known as P25 Phase II. You will need a scanner that supports P25 Phase II in order to monitor Queen Anne's County.

Last edited:
The above is correct. I am listening to them now on the State's FiRST Responders system which is phase 2 digital, requiring a pretty modern $450-500 radio to hear.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

From your experience, can you recommend any particular model which has phase II capability ?
Any of those listed at the above link, with TDMA support will work. I own a bunch of them, and all that I own do a good job on the FiRST Responders system.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.