Birmingham Fire TG's on MARRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MODOTbf

Premium Subscriber
I just figured I would give a little update that might have been missed over the years. The Village of Birmingham, MO in Clay County has its own Fire Dept. We are still figuring out Dispatching and are in the Process of getting dispatched by Clay County. As of right now all of the members are notified when Claycomo gets dispatched to a call in Birmingham by text message from KCFD Dispatch and we respond. Claycomo does not respond to calls in Birmingham unless requested by us. We currently have three monitorable talkgroups on MARRS, Clay County South Fire Ops - 34329, Clay County South Fire Tac1 - ?????, Clay County South Fire Tac2 - ????? Im not aware of the Talkgroup ID's for the two Tac Channels but will get more info soon.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I just figured I would give a little update that might have been missed over the years. The Village of Birmingham, MO in Clay County has its own Fire Dept. We are still figuring out Dispatching and are in the Process of getting dispatched by Clay County. As of right now all of the members are notified when Claycomo gets dispatched to a call in Birmingham by text message from KCFD Dispatch and we respond. Claycomo does not respond to calls in Birmingham unless requested by us. We currently have three monitorable talkgroups on MARRS, Clay County South Fire Ops - 34329, Clay County South Fire Tac1 - ?????, Clay County South Fire Tac2 - ????? Im not aware of the Talkgroup ID's for the two Tac Channels but will get more info soon.

If anyone on your dept has a P25 scanner, Pro96com (free decoding software) should be a good tool to help you determine what's programmed into your radios. Another option is to simply ask Commenco or whoever programs your radios what the talkgroups are.

MODOTbf

Premium Subscriber
If anyone on your dept has a P25 scanner, Pro96com (free decoding software) should be a good tool to help you determine what's programmed into your radios. Another option is to simply ask Commenco or whoever programs your radios what the talkgroups are.
I personally have a Uniden P25 scanner, how would I decode to find out the Decimal code? Or TG ID we go through KC Wireless for programming of our radios and I spoke with Phil and that's who gave me the 34329 ID.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I personally have a Uniden P25 scanner, how would I decode to find out the Decimal code? Or TG ID we go through KC Wireless for programming of our radios and I spoke with Phil and that's who gave me the 34329 ID.

To my knowledge the Uniden BCD396XT handheld scanner is the only model that will work with the Pro96com software. To decode, you will need the scanner and programming cable. The software itself can be downloaded here: Pro96Com - Control channel decoder for P25 Trunked Radio Systems (it's free). Once you're up and running, the software will provide the information you need (see attached pic). The "TG ID" displayed is a particular talkgroup in decimal format. To obtain the talkgroup info, you will need to use that setup in conjunction with an actual department radio. Whenever you "key up", you'll see talkgroup and radio ID information. That talkgroup ID is what you need to determine what channel is what (for most radios, it should be text-tagged on your radio's display). Hope that all made sense.

If all else fails, get in contact with KC Wireless to obtain the info. You have a 50/50 shot that the tech will actually be willing to give you the info you're looking for (some radio shops will play dumb or flat out refuse to tell you anything. I've always had good dealings with KC Wireless).

Attachments

• 4393.jpg
    4393.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 151

MODOTbf

Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge the Uniden BCD396XT handheld scanner is the only model that will work with the Pro96com software. To decode, you will need the scanner and programming cable. The software itself can be downloaded here: Pro96Com - Control channel decoder for P25 Trunked Radio Systems (it's free). Once you're up and running, the software will provide the information you need (see attached pic). The "TG ID" displayed is a particular talkgroup in decimal format. To obtain the talkgroup info, you will need to use that setup in conjunction with an actual department radio. Whenever you "key up", you'll see talkgroup and radio ID information. That talkgroup ID is what you need to determine what channel is what (for most radios, it should be text-tagged on your radio's display). Hope that all made sense.

If all else fails, get in contact with KC Wireless to obtain the info. You have a 50/50 shot that the tech will actually be willing to give you the info you're looking for (some radio shops will play dumb or flat out refuse to tell you anything. I've always had good dealings with KC Wireless).

Well Ive got an old BC796D So I think I'm screwed on the pro96com, but I'll ask Phil next time I'm up at kc wireless he didn't have an issue giving it to me, but I do need the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.