• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Birmingham / Jeff Co P-25 Post Uniden Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjviola12

Julian, I own a 396, and it seems to be working better. We drove through the city Sunday evening, and the audio was much louder, and somewhat clearer. I tried both systems. The county seemed better to me. Kinda subjective because we were on the interstate. I can't wait to get off on a trip and try it some where else.

Rich

Julian1

Jeffco 800 after Uniden Update 996

I updated my 996 with the latest firmware.

I loaded up Jefferson County 800 and inserted Birmingham PD/FD talkgroups.

While driving along I-20 east and traveling along I-459, the 996 ROCKED! I was getting Birmingham and the County clear as a bell. My scanner had previously struggled to "unbundle" the P25 code.

I have not tried the Birmingham P25 yet but I would think I'd get similarly good performance.

Happy Scanning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.