Black Hawks frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

Hello, I'm up here in Santa Fe mountains near Pecos and we get Black Hawks from time to time, today we had a flight of three go by, does anyone know where they come from, I'm guessing they are ANG but are they from NM? Any idea what frequency to monitor VHF or HF?
Thanks

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Hello, I'm up here in Santa Fe mountains near Pecos and we get Black Hawks from time to time, today we had a flight of three go by, does anyone know where they come from, I'm guessing they are ANG but are they from NM? Any idea what frequency to monitor VHF or HF?
Thanks

Click here------> RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Pick your state, and ajoining states. Then click on the countys with military bases ( you can Google the military bases ). When you get a particular state clicked on, scroll down and click the "Area Wide" aviation frequencys that pertain to you. Also, airports in the countys which have air bases.

Most of the time, the helicopters are below 10,000 feet, which is an asset to them, because most usually, they dont have to talk on the radio. They still need to talk when they transit near an airport, to check for other aircraft. Research and find the military base they are startioned at, and you can hear them talk to their operations.....You will only hear the helicopter if they, or you are at a high enough altitude/elevation, as broadcast is from "point to point" , so to speak - there is no repeater traffic for a large part of military aircraft comms.

Monitoring & searching VHF- low band, and VHF- high band. ( 30-52 mhz & 138-144 mhz )

Here is some links that may help --->Military Comms Monitoring. HF VHF UHF

http://www.monitoringtimes.com/

FF-Medic !!!

Last edited:

milcom_chaser

The Guard out of Santa Fe uses the following:

41.00 FM TAC (active a few days ago)
123.025 VHF Ops
302.2 UHF Ops

Let us know what you hear up in the Pecos...

Lebowski

OG Member
Premium Subscriber
Pave Hawks

Agree with the posts, these are likely USAF Pave Hawks out of KAFB, PJ school. They're using CV-22s now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.