blinking green screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman9

well i have blinking green screen that will let me do nothing i have tried everything when i was doing the update updater said i have a communications error so i turned off the scanner and unpluged the cable and then turned my scanner back on and that's when i got the blinking green screen now it's saying i have a programming error and communication error. tried my arc996t to setup communication but that didn't work either i am stuck even tried clearing the momory that didn't work i'm lost now.

MOD EDIT:
Please see this post by UPMan later in the thread.

Thread closed and stuck for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper43

Press L/O while turning scanner on and redo the update - make sure you choose the right com port!

Viper43

Actually I should have said press LO while plugging the AC adapter in, not turning it on as you normally would.

Viper43

Then you have the wrong port selected. Keep trying till you get the right port. If after tring all the ports it still doesn't work reboot the computer with the scanner connected. After reboot try again. Sounds like maybe the port still thinks it connected.

Viper43

hmmm, I guess the only other thing is to look at your com ports and make sure they are OK, if there is an ! by any of them thats the issue and you'll have to fix that before the program will find the scanner.

Viper43

OK, I did goof, it should be 6 + L/O and plug the power in... sorry about that.

JRM5204

I got the same problem flashing green light, turn scanner on holding L/O + 6 stops light from blinking but got the same communication error. The USD software worked the scanner prior to trying this update now it says the scanner isn't plugged in.

Viper43

JRM5204 said:
I got the same problem flashing green light, turn scanner on holding L/O + 6 stops light from blinking but got the same communication error. The USD software worked the scanner prior to trying this update now it says the scanner isn't plugged in.

Out of curiosity check your com ports in windows system and tell me if any show an exclamtion point by them. It almost sounds as if the com ports hung up and not detecting the scanner.

JRM5204

I'm not quite sure how to check the com ports. I don't know nothing about computers. this is an old computer I only use it for surfing the web and that basicly it. I did get into something about com properties and it just had a com 1 port 9600 baud???

I did reboot the computer and I got the same communication error.

I figured this was going to be a bad idea.

Viper43

Ok,

Go to Control Panel
Then select Performance & Maintenance or SYSTEM depending on your windows version
Then select Hardware or Hardware details
Then scroll down to Communications Ports and click on the + sign it should then show what com ports are available. If you only have one showing go to ADD new hardware and add a new com port. Once you do that select the new com port when asked and it should work. If you can't figure out how to do it PM me

JRM5204

I changed the baud rate up from 9600 baud to 38400 but still not working I have been getting a new error

The scanner is not an object for BCD996T
Rewriting is impossible
Please turn of the power andremove the cable.

I checked I have a Com 1 port and a printer port LPT 1

Not sure how to add another port I went to add new programs but it says you need a disk for new software.

This Windows version is XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.