Blue Ridge Parkway Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

The B.R.P. Police ran a pursuit this morning, south from Craggy Gardens into Asheville. They did well, took a tire out of the suspects vehicle, with stop sticks I hope. Incident over, someone in custody. You don't hear that very often.... They were utilizing their 172.725 (051 dpl), and 172.500 (065 dpl) MHz frequencies. Nice job guys.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
Not found?

I did not see those frequencies listed in the RR DB for the BRP. can you help me see those?

SCPD

QRT
I did not see those frequencies listed in the RR DB for the BRP. can you help me see those?

There is no such entity as the "Blue Ridge Parkway Police." The parkway is the jurisdiction of the National Park Service and AlphaFive has mislabeled their park rangers as "Police." There is a U.S. Park Police is a unit of the National Park Service, but they are not deployed to the Blue Ridge Parkway. You will not find a database listing for the "Blue Ridge Parkway Police." Law enforcement rangers in the NPS are in the "Division of Visitor and Resource Protection" and such a division exists at the Washington Office, Regional Office and most local parks level. The comm systems for the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Natchez Trace Parkway are complex due to the long linear nature of these units. I found this:

Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I did not find a NAC of 051 with 172.7250 and I did not find 172.5000 at all. I would suggest that AlphaFive make a database submission based on his observations. He should not use the term "Police" with BRP when doing so.

ecps92

Not a NAC, but a DPL of 051
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Blue_Ridge_Parkway

The Repeaters are dual mode, aka mixed mode
with DPL's and NAC's

There is no such entity as the "Blue Ridge Parkway Police." The parkway is the jurisdiction of the National Park Service and AlphaFive has mislabeled their park rangers as "Police." There is a U.S. Park Police is a unit of the National Park Service, but they are not deployed to the Blue Ridge Parkway. You will not find a database listing for the "Blue Ridge Parkway Police." Law enforcement rangers in the NPS are in the "Division of Visitor and Resource Protection" and such a division exists at the Washington Office, Regional Office and most local parks level. The comm systems for the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Natchez Trace Parkway are complex due to the long linear nature of these units. I found this:

Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I did not find a NAC of 051 with 172.7250 and I did not find 172.5000 at all. I would suggest that AlphaFive make a database submission based on his observations. He should not use the term "Police" with BRP when doing so.

QDP2012

Do the wiki article and the database show the same information and if not, why?

At quick glance, yes it seems that the data on the RR Wiki: Blue Ridge Parkway page is also in the DB, but please notice that the Wiki page represents the whole park, whereas the information in the DB is split across two DB pages, which are the DB Page: Federal (NC) page, and the DB Page: Federal (VA) page. On each of the DB pages, you will need to scroll down to the "National Park Service" section to find the "Blue Ridge Parkway" listings.

Edit: As you will notice, in-general, the Wiki might also list some older info that might have been deleted from the DB, or unconfirmed data that is not yet ready to be submitted to the DB. In the case of the BRP Wiki page, it also lists some older info that is no longer listed in the DB.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
At quick glance, yes it seems that the data on the RR Wiki: Blue Ridge Parkway page is also in the DB, but please notice that the Wiki page represents the whole park, whereas the information in the DB is split across two DB pages, which are the DB Page: Federal (NC) page, and the DB Page: Federal (VA) page. On each of the DB pages, you will need to scroll down to the "National Park Service" section to find the "Blue Ridge Parkway" listings.

Edit: As you will notice, in-general, the Wiki might also list some older info that might have been deleted from the DB, or unconfirmed data that is not yet ready to be submitted to the DB. In the case of the BRP Wiki page, it also lists some older info that is no longer listed in the DB.

Hope this helps,

Thanks, it does help. I'm still learning the ropes here. I lurked for a little over a year before I joined. My knowledge of radio and this scanner hobby is very limited. My experience as a radio user is far greater than most and using that knowledge in the hobby is not a straight line.

Status
Not open for further replies.