• Don't Care

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

Bluegrass1dcr1 said:
I have never reported any "fake" calls. I'm always careful to get as much information as possible and relay it accurately and if I have any doubts as to the validity of a call I relay it anyway but state my reasons for doubting it to the call taker.And as to your statement "leave emergencies to the professionals" well the professionals don't monitor ch9 any more so somebody needs to.

The majority or the calls I get are reckless/drunk driver reports or debris in the road.
and no Rescue4NFD it is not mounted to my hat it was just sitting on a shelf.

99.9% of people have cell-phones these days, I think that they can report drunk drivers themselves. Nice try though

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The flames will end now....Enough...Any further posts flaming this individual will be deleted..And anyone ignoring my request will face the rath of the stick carrier, LB :)

Last edited:

intrepid97

Why are you so called "adults" giving this guy so much crap???

You are acting like little kids with your elementary insults and taunting tactics.

Thank You I'm glad to see some people with good sense.This is getting rediculous.And as to the cell phone comment many people have them but for some reason they don't always use them when they should.I'm tired of being ridiculed so I'm out of here.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Moderator Edit:

scanner_freak said:
The flames will end now....Enough...Any further posts flaming this individual will be deleted..And anyone ignoring my request will face the rath of the stick carrier, LB :)

What part of my post did you not understand Heterodyne? Do not do it again..

Last edited by a moderator:

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
How was I flaming him? All I said was that REACT was lame. His dedication is admirable, despite the fact the organization he chose to align with is pretty pointless (which is an opinion)

Expressing an opinion about an organization isn't a flame.

And my point about the fire extinguisher is perfectly valid - as is the point about cell phones being used more than CB radios.

Read posts before you summarily edit them - it's the mark of a good moderator.

(again, not a flame.. just an observation)

Go-24

I disagree, IMO your post have had but one intention to belittle a fellow RR member, its totally uncalled for and I am glad to see your post are being removed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming

"Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting"

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Opinions, opinions. The internet is built on opinions.

He posted his photos under the direct intent of garnering opinions, and he got them. What's wrong with that?

The world is a cruel place - you can't expect everyone to agree with everything.

If one can't take negativity (warranted or not), then they should stay away from public forums, much less solicit opinions from same.

Sorry - no Wikipedia citation for that one.

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Heterodyne said:
How was I flaming him? All I said was that REACT was lame. His dedication is admirable, despite the fact the organization he chose to align with is pretty pointless (which is an opinion)

Expressing an opinion about an organization isn't a flame.

And my point about the fire extinguisher is perfectly valid - as is the point about cell phones being used more than CB radios.

Read posts before you summarily edit them - it's the mark of a good moderator.

(again, not a flame.. just an observation)

I've edited maybe all of 5 posts out of the thousands I have read in the last better part of a year or so I have been a mod. I think that speaks for itself in regards to reading posts.. Your last post had no intention other that to put him down, and obviously, I am not the only one who took it that way....

Anyhow I think this thread is way beyond where it should have ended up, I'm closing it. If you have an issue with me as a mod, feel free to take it up with LB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.