Bluetooth adapter for scanner??

Status
Not open for further replies.

djewel6

I have a GRE-800 but I know this technically could be any scanner but does anybody have suggestions for a Bluetooth adapter I can plug into the 3.5mm port so I can listen to my scanner via my Bluetooth headset or earphones?? especially useful obviously if Id like to listen at night and not bother the wife if Im up late. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Ive found a couple that would work if I wanted to send BT radio feed into my car but that's a receiver option and Im looking for something to be able to transmit so my headset can receive the feed.. (yes theres always the fall back of Broadcastify but I cant monitor hot calls on broadcastify nor Fire Tac/Ops normally that way off the internet). I used to have one from awhile ago but lost it after I moved last time and so far haven't seen anything in Walmart or local stores that might have something.. Even checked places like buytwowayradios and haven't seen anything.. There has to be an option of some sort I know not everything has a built in BT thing in it..

boy7777777777

I use a mpow brand transmitter/receiver. I’ve never had any problems from it. You can buy them off eBay for around $10.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. So that can be used as a receiver also it says. Turn a non bluetooth device into one. So if its plugged into my car stereo line in 3.5mm jack, does it convert the bt signal and outout it to the 3.5mm jack? I really would like one for my scanner. But stereo is non bt.

My pi has bt and i would like to listen to op25 in the car.

I know what the specs say but when you use it with your scanner, about how long until it needs a charge?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I've used this one for my scanners/3.5mm radios and it lasts anywhere from 6-10 hours.

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8ghACbQ67481N

I once bought a transmitter and receiver, but I could not get it to pair with my Plantronics Bluetooth. So, you keep it in transmit mode and the Bluetooth finds it? I will be buying one soon. I am sick and tired of buying those stereo over-the-ear earphones. I think I've gone through around 200 of them. They get tied up in the spokes of my bicycle or I close the door on the wire. Then, after an hour or so of driving I discover the earphone no longer has a speaker. Thanks for sharing.

Danny37

I once bought a transmitter and receiver, but I could not get it to pair with my Plantronics Bluetooth. So, you keep it in transmit mode and the Bluetooth finds it? I will be buying one soon. I am sick and tired of buying those stereo over-the-ear earphones. I think I've gone through around 200 of them. They get tied up in the spokes of my bicycle or I close the door on the wire. Then, after an hour or so of driving I discover the earphone no longer has a speaker. Thanks for sharing.

Anytime bud. So yes, you need to have the 3.5mm device in transmit mode. This adapter is universal so most over the counter BT earpieces should work. I use a gonavigate G10 earpiece and bought 2 to rotate them throughout the day since they usually last me 4-5 hours. It's so small and convenient and the volume is so loud.

GoNovate G10 Bluetooth Earbud, Smallest Wireless Headset.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I07IW1I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_-AuACbND44JZ3

Status
Not open for further replies.