• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BlueTooth Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpetraglia

I am hoping to get some info from the current users of what works for a decent BT receiver. If anyone has a receiver (not ear buds or headphones) that pairs easily and does not make stupid noises every time a TG is enabled. I have about given up on the numerous ones I have purchased. Either they don't pair, or they make noises, or they randomly disconnect, I have a few that work but have terrible interference. The one I am using (Sure AA-AB41136V110) has great audio, no noises, but the volume increases as the call gets longer to a point it is unbearably loud.

Any input would be much appreciated.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Eco Gear Eco Rox

Have you tried Eco Gear Eco Rox yet? Also, if you care to share which ones you have tried, I can do the same and between the two of us perhaps we can help people narrow the playing field.

https://ecoxgear.com/ecorox/

Last edited:

cpetraglia

I have about 12 BT receivers that don't work and two that do. I unfortunately just was taking stabs in the dark buying cheap ones from China. I have even tried a fairly nice BT speaker that did pair OK but had a sound like a phone ringing at the start of each transmission. I was not happy !! The Sure board I mentioned in my first post is the best except for the volume issue. Here's what I do know; I was told before buying my G4 that just about any BT device will work. What I have found is that most current BT protocol is 4.0 and that will not pair with the pager, at least not the ones I have bought including a $70.00 Bose BT receiver. (That one really pi**** me off) If you can find a BT 2.1 receiver, it will pair but whatever else it does is up in the air until you can try it.
No I have not tried what you mentioned, I will look it up and check it out.

cpetraglia

I just looked at the Eco Gear and I am not looking for a speaker as such. I use a nice mixer to feed each of my scanners to an amp then bookshelf speakers. It's a really nice sounding system that beats any scanner speaker hands down. With the ability to pan any one left or right, it's flexible and audio- philly sound quality. I need a breakout board with audio output. None of the BT speakers have a headphone jack and the one I did buy as I mentioned sounded a telephone ring at the beginning of every transmission. PITA.

cpetraglia

Have you tried Eco Gear Eco Rox yet? Also, if you care to share which ones you have tried, I can do the same and between the two of us perhaps we can help people narrow the playing field.

https://ecoxgear.com/ecorox/
Can I ask if the Eco Gear makes any noise at the start of a TG? Does it still work when plugged in to a charger?
Here is another Idea I had. I bought a used Sony BT ear bud set. The intent was to tap into one of the ear buds and feed into the mixer. One major problem. When you plug in the charger, the BT shuts off. That one had great sound. If it's not one thing it's another. And yes I bought a new Base/Charger.
Those things are designed for a big open space firehouse rooms. The audio output is limited to around 200Hz to maybe 3000Hz. No dynamic range and you cant program through it. I have never used it and would sell it in original packaging for 100 bucks if anyone is interested.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
I'm kind of in the same boat - I'm looking for a earphone (single ear) that doesn't look like a giant phone earpiece. But - according to David @ Unication, the G5 only supports BT 2.0 currently, so you'll need to find an older BT 2.0 device.

cpetraglia

That's what I have found. I haven't seen any 2.0, but there are still ver. 2.1 out there. I am convinced the noises are to simulate a phone ring. BT was after all originally designed for hands free cell use. Some of these things are so irritating that I have accumulated a whole box full of useless junk.

cpetraglia

Thought I'd pass this along. The item listed below is a decent BT board with some simple modifications. When I first tried it, it paired OK and had good volume and sound quality. Only problem was terrible interference. Could here what I believe to be switching PS noise. Next is what I did to solve the noise problem.

1. Solder a short 1.5 inch copper wire to the existing PC board antenna as close to the chip as possible and set it at a 90 degree angle to the board.
2. I used duct tape to cover the entire bottom and the exposed top of the board.
3. Cover the duct tape with HVAC style metal tape, being careful not to short anything.
4. Be sure to use a 5V DC supply, not a 12V as I did the first time. (No Damage)

Interference has completely gone. There are no audio noises at the beginning of each transmission.
This one works well. Been paired now for over 12 hrs, no problem. Cant go wrong for $10.00.

Wireless Bluetooth Audio Receiver Board Aux Mic Stereo Speaker Amplifier Module | eBay

This is not a speaker amp, just pre-amp out.

Status
Not open for further replies.